OT: OT - I knew I should'a taken that left turn at Albuquerque

Ehran

Sponsor
Feb 2, 2019
Texas
Norwegian.
I'm on that same itinerary, for Christmas this year. On the Norwegian Escape.

Let me know if you have any questions. :thumbu:

NCL Cruise.png

Reactions: Mike McDermott

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
I would like to hold a sloth in my arms and take a photo with it. I think it would be the best photo of my life. Although monkeys are also interesting.
Some monkeys would be cool, but (a bit off-topic) you couldn't pay me enough to be near a chimp. I watched a documentary on how brutal they are toward eachother, and had a phobia ever since. I will say, they are pretty smart in how they attack other clans. It's impressive, but man are they as brutal and violent as it comes.

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Temptations are a bad thing. Constantly surrounded by girls, I hardly notice them, but when a buddy calls up and says Villamart has Hot Pockets, Milky Ways, TGI Potato Skins etc I'm torn between do I take the truck or Max with a backpack to fill up. Now I do need to restock deli meats and corn tortillas for enchiladas so I can lie to myself and say I'm not making a special trip

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Seems like it is maintenance day - washed and sun-dried the dog beds, did some laundry, vacuumed, unpacked five more boxes of stuff and now for some coffee and reading a few more of the draft preview sections.

Reactions: oldgoalie

MarkusKetterer

Shoulda got one game in
Temptations are a bad thing. Constantly surrounded by girls, I hardly notice them, but when a buddy calls up and says Villamart has Hot Pockets, Milky Ways, TGI Potato Skins etc I'm torn between do I take the truck or Max with a backpack to fill up. Now I do need to restock deli meats and corn tortillas for enchiladas so I can lie to myself and say I'm not making a special trip

Being a fatass comes for us all eventually

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
20230707_155753.jpg

Reactions: Old Navy Goat

Old Navy Goat

Apr 24, 2003
Pattaya Thailand aka adult Disneyland
Being a fatass comes for us all eventually
One day it might come for me but as of Thursday doc appt I'm 6'3 74kgs. By the time I got to Villamart the only Hot Pockets left were some nasty chicken ones so skipped. Fortunately I did run into my buddy the Chef, Chef Boyardee so a couple cans for nostalgia. I did get 2 bags of Milky Way Dark that will last 2 months as I only eat a piece when I take my meds in the morning.

A few hours early but Happy Father's Day, received on my Facebook feed

Attachments

• IMG-20240614-WA0008.jpg
    IMG-20240614-WA0008.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 2

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Busy evening.

- Took the car out to get her weekly run through the car wash and the Tesla in front of me on the track decided to slip out of neutral and nearly cause an accident. I thought I bumped him - couldn't see anything because of the foam and rollers on my windshield, but I hit the breaks when the bump happened and started in on my horn. The guys running the line were quick to shut down the tractor system. No damage to either vehicle.

- Watched someone go through a red light due to torrential Florida rain.

- Got stuck in the rain due to someone giving bad directions, wound up soaked to the core.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Moved into the new place a few weeks ago and I took apart my kitchen table to get it out the door. And I put the hardware somewhere special and you guessed it... couldn't find it. So today? Today I found it and put the kitchen set back together.
We've all done that... Some of us more than once... It isn't a "real move" unless you inadvertently donate or throw out something you meant to keep, or misplace something you find later, or misplace something you intentionally put in a special bag/box/container because it was important and you knew you'd need it right away.
In Thailand gold is bought and sold regularly as there's no markup for craftsmanship and it's 96%+ pure. In March my accountant complained that I was stashing too much money in my Bangkok Bank account so I needed to diversify. I send my living expenses every month to establish a history in case I move back to a 'retirement' visa that requires 65k month or about $1800 from overseas, so about half what I send myself. Now the problem is what to do with the bar money. I've solved that issue by turning into Scrooge McDuck, last month I bought 5 troy ounces, and this month 4. Finally making my hidden safe not look so pathetic, as I don't have any suit pockets to Bob Menendez the bars
I laughed at the bolded.
Reading all the narratives coming out surrounding Caitlin Clark getting bullied on the court has me slightly confused. Ive heard people blame race, say the other players are jealous and doing it out of resentment, that the opposing players should be kissing her feet for bringing attention + money to the sport (laughable), etc...

Maybe I'm a simple minded sports fan, but the way she's being treated is nothing new in sports. High profile rookies will be tested by veteran players. Maybe it's resentment, maybe it's to get a competitive advantage, etc...it's probably a mix of a lot of thing. The point is, I feel like people are hyper focusing on it because it's women's sports.

I personally believe it's the trials and tribulations a lot of young players go through. She's just the biggest star to come out of college, so she's getting it extra rough. The true crime here is her teammates don't have her back. Where's Semenko when you need him!?
A portion of it could also be her sexual orientation.
An addendum to this: one of my friends has been missing for the past 8 years. I knew he was thinking about it because he was tired of dealing with society. His family is worried, but I also promised him that if he falls off the face of the earth, I won’t say anything. They’re worried and thinking the worst, but if I say anything I’m breaking a promise I made to him. He also broke a promise to me, because he didn’t leave a note for his family. So what the f*** do I do?
Just don't follow his path. You're too valued, whether on this board or in real life, to follow him. Always remember suicide is a permanent solution to a temporary problem - even addiction and depression. As I type this I'm recalling four childhood friends - all of whom also knew each other years ago, ran in same circles, who committed suicide in past few years in their early 50s. I'm sure you have your list too. And that's on top of the cancers, fatal vehicle accidents, and similar.

Seems like it is maintenance day - washed and sun-dried the dog beds, did some laundry, vacuumed, unpacked five more boxes of stuff and now for some coffee and reading a few more of the draft preview sections.
Sounds like a productive Saturday. Life has too many "job/work" days and not enough "get / keep" your life in order days. It's Father's day today. Years ago, my first wife asked what I wanted to do for Father's day. I replied, "clean the garage", that would make me happy.

Mike McDermott

blah blah blah
Apr 23, 2006
Lockport
Hope y’all are having a good Father’s Day weekend. Mine has been great. Got my errands out of the way early yesterday while my wife worked and relaxed in the afternoon. Then went to dinner and do see Lionel Richie with Earth, Wind and Fire at the arena. Then today knocked off my last little it of school work for the week in the morning. My wife bought me my favorite pizza from a place by us for lunch, we took a family bike ride around the neighborhood and then I smoked a spatchcock chicken marinated in Chivettas for dinner.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
The Old Pink has burned down. The building is “a total loss”. So many memories.
I was there at 6:45am to watch it go down. Deep loss for the Buffalo subculture. As someone whose location was "Allentown" before Josh was here.

Played pool with Bissonnette there a couple years ago. Saw Bo Diddley hanging there before Thursday in the Square. Bummed.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
I was there at 6:45am to watch it go down. Deep loss for the Buffalo subculture. As someone whose location was "Allentown" before Josh was here.

Played pool with Bissonnette there a couple years ago. Saw Bo Diddley hanging there before Thursday in the Square. Bummed.
Uncountable nights there. But it’s the memory of talking to my (now wife) for the first time after I’d just found out she was single. Almost 20 years ago.

• Love
Reactions: HOOats and Butt Ox

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad