Oshawa Generals 2024-25 Season Thread, Part 1

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
I don’t think you can look at the Punnett deal and extrapolate a real value. That one was an anomaly. Punnett was traded for a 3rd and a 6th. Both OS and Ottawa would keep the player before trading them for that. They both play an integral role for their teams.

The only way a deal like that goes down is if the player demands a trade to a specific team and if not traded, they leave and go to school for a semester.

I think you need to look more at the Mayer, Mancini, and Schmidt deals to get a better sense of what either of those deals would look like. Both would start at a 2nd and 3rd and depending on the competitiveness of the market for those players, it would go up from there.

Last edited:
Reactions: BarberPole9

Leviathan899

Nov 17, 2014
Toronto, ON.
It's a unique situation in

I guess we will see how things work out.
I'm fairly familiar with things in OS, I happen to think Degray would be fine finishing the year with 2 OA if need be .

It may be all moot .

For all those who would love KS, he may not be going anywhere . Time will tell.
Yeah it wouldn’t surprise me at all if Smith himself prefers to stay in Owen sound all season, as he was traded last year. If they’re good enough to finish 7-8, which I think they are, he may opt to stay.

backwoods

May 5, 2024
SHWA
What is wrong with you people? If the generals don't get back Roobroeck and Richie then all this covo is a joke cause this team suck in realistic fashion.. if u say they don't then ur dreaming.. they are barley beating the low teams.. I don't get what u guys are even on thinking or wishing...they over achieved last year and now we are seeing it.. get those two centre's back then we can talk..

Reactions: OMG67

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
What is wrong with you people? If the generals don't get back Roobroeck and Richie then all this covo is a joke cause this team suck in realistic fashion.. if u say they don't then ur dreaming.. they are barley beating the low teams.. I don't get what u guys are even on thinking or wishing...they over achieved last year and now we are seeing it.. get those two centre's back then we can talk..
Bot

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
He’s not wrong. The whole season hinges on Ritchie returning. We both know it is HIGHLY unlikely he remains with Colorado BUT if it were to unexpectedly happen, it really would bury the Generals.
The amount of TOI Roobroeck is getting in Hartford, he may be back also.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
The amount of TOI Roobroeck is getting in Hartford, he may be back also.

I’m not so sure about Roobroeck because of his size. I think HE would benefit from it but I think they will jsut live with it in HArtford and allow him time to find the pace and contribute. At this point, I cannot see them sending him back. It is unfortunate. It means they need to go out and get a centre without any doubt at all. That is on top of a rougher style D-Man.

I think you are correct that D’Amato needs to be swapped for a different version of player. That may not need to be an OA though. They could get the higher priced 19 year old and then fill the Centre role with a cheaper OA.

Senneke plays with Ritchie and Barlow plays with whomever they acquire. Two lines deep with Griffn doing his best in the 3C role.

HUSH10

Sep 16, 2019
I’m not so sure about Roobroeck because of his size. I think HE would benefit from it but I think they will jsut live with it in HArtford and allow him time to find the pace and contribute. At this point, I cannot see them sending him back. It is unfortunate. It means they need to go out and get a centre without any doubt at all. That is on top of a rougher style D-Man.

I think you are correct that D’Amato needs to be swapped for a different version of player. That may not need to be an OA though. They could get the higher priced 19 year old and then fill the Centre role with a cheaper OA.
Definitely agree that D'Amato needs to be moved. Whether they go OA dman for him or get an 05 dman like a Bronson Ride would be a good add then you could get an OA forward. But I think the bigger hole right now is the Defensive side because at this point, Ritchie will be back, we are just watching the clock while Colorado deals with Injuries.

I feel pretty confident in Ritchie suiting up for the Gens Nov 1st.

As for Roobroek, I think it's still 50/50. Just depends what New York management sees is best for him and none of us know what that is.

Reactions: OMG67

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
Cal Ritchie in NHL game 5:
0G, 0A, +/-0, 1 shot, 0 blocks, 0 hits, 13:18 TOI (9th most among COL F's)

Hartford won 6-5 but Roobroeck finished with 0 points, -1 rating and 2 PIM

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad