Oshawa Generals 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Donnie740

May 28, 2021
Personally, I like Barlow but I don’t see a big gap between any of Barlow, Romani, Pinelli, and Misa from an impact point of view. Some different attributes amongst them but all are productive.

You also have to take into consideration the likelihood of the player returning as an OA.

Winnipeg isn’t going to let their 1st round pick spend another season in junior hockey next year.

Porky Pinelli isn’t nearly as good as Barlow, but as a 4th round pick there’s a much higher chance of him being sent back to junior for his OA season.

Pinelli is also very short at only 5’9” so that also works against him turning pro as a 20yr old.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
You also have to take into consideration the likelihood of the player returning as an OA.

Winnipeg isn’t going to let their 1st round pick spend another season in junior hockey next year.

Porky Pinelli isn’t nearly as good as Barlow, but as a 4th round pick there’s a much higher chance of him being sent back to junior for his OA season.

Pinelli is also very short at only 5’9” so that also works against him turning pro as a 20yr old.

It would be rare for 50 goal scores that are signed to NHL contracts to not turn pro and play AHL. Pinelli is signed so it is very unlikely to the point that I don’t think teams could honestly factor that into the equation. IF he were to return, or any other player in similar position, it would have to be considered the exception and probably very lucky.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Delisle is definitely worth more than that

I don’t think Delisle has shown enough to warrant a 2nd round pick. It is probably a little early but at the same time, you have to equate his value now. I think a 3rd and 4th is close. He could very well improve his standing in his 17 year old season but, again, when you talk about players at this age, it reverts back closer to where they were picked unless there was a development jump. He was a 3rd round pick. HE had a decent year but nothing special. He doesn’t have size that jumps out. I’m not sure what the picks package would be but the 3rd and 4th is definitely not far off.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
I don’t think Delisle has shown enough to warrant a 2nd round pick. It is probably a little early but at the same time, you have to equate his value now. I think a 3rd and 4th is close. He could very well improve his standing in his 17 year old season but, again, when you talk about players at this age, it reverts back closer to where they were picked unless there was a development jump. He was a 3rd round pick. HE had a decent year but nothing special. He doesn’t have size that jumps out. I’m not sure what the picks package would be but the 3rd and 4th is definitely not far off.
He is an 07. He was a 3rd round pick. He had 18 points this season in a middle 6 role.

He is bound to improve upon those numbers this year and every year for the next 3 or 4 more years

Way more valuable than a 3rd and a 4th

Donnie740

May 28, 2021

Granted, he doesn’t have the size at only 5’9” but he’s a tenacious on the forecheck and isn’t afraid to drop his gloves.

Right now at age 17, Delisle is an excellent 3rd line forward on a championship level team. On an average team he’s likely a 2nd line guy this year.

You’re forgetting that Delisle still has at least three more years remaining - - and quite possyfour more years.

As a Generals fan, I’d GLADLY give up a 2nd round pick to acquire a guy like that from another team.

Reactions: frontsfan67

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad