Opinions on Fabian Lysell's future

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Most players don't get to play in the AHL UNTI. They are 20. He was playing at 18. You could argue that he is 2 years ahead of schedule..
Good point amigo! He needed some time to adjust to smaller crushing rinks. Plus the maturity thing. We all want him to be a special player. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the 2nd line. Speed is so badly needed. Thinking he's the fastest player the bruins have ever had in the organization...Senyschyn a close 2nd?

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Trading our top prospect for a 31 year old pending UFA whose contract this year would necessitate trading another higher paid piece off the roster to fit him in? Makes almost too much sense not to happen.
Are you reading my book on sarcasm, good job.

Vatrano had 37 goals last year with the Ducks, Lysell had 15 in the AHL. Vatrano is a known commodity, he will score at least 20 goals with Marchand and Coyle, Lysell will probably do very little and wind up back in Providence. His speed is great, I don't see what else he is bringing to the team. Give me the sure thing over a very, very questionable NHL prospect.

If he can come into camp, not be all about himself, work hard and play a two way game it would be great, we have seen little to none of that in the first two seasons in the AHL. Would love to see him get 15-20 goals but I cannot see it happening. Everybody said I had no idea what I was talking about with Spooner and Khokhlachev and how they would be good to very good NHLers and it was the mean coaches not giving them a chance. Where are they now?
He is also older and more costly, I think a pass on him is the smart play.

Bruins Uncensored

frmrly Scotiahockey
Feb 16, 2003
Nova Scotia
Thinking he's the fastest player the bruins have ever had in the organization...Senyschyn a close 2nd?
Fast really is objective as much as it shouldn't be. Skating fast and playing fast are two very different conversations. Straight-line speed and "agile speed" are also two different conversations. Quickness vs top end is also part of the conversation. For my money, #4 is at the top of all of these lists, especially when you measure him against his peers. I can't imagine what kind of player he would have been with today's advancement in equipment and training

Beyonder

May 20, 2024
For all the haters complaining about his development or lack there of....

Look in the mirror and tell me you are the same person you were at 19-20
Were you a finished product then?
Have you matured and changed your attitude and work ethic?
Which was my point about other players Boston has jettisoned early in their careers. And yes I was talking about Kessel and Hamilton, but you could also put Seguin in the basket too though in his case immaturity seemed to be the issue.

I don't know that any of those players were "bad apples." They were probably just oranges, or immature kids in some cases.

Whether any of that applies to Lysell, I do not know. Just saying that I don't think the Bruins have the luxury of being overly picky with interesting prospects. Let's see what happens as time passes and players/people develop.

Reactions: shelbysdad

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Good point amigo! He needed some time to adjust to smaller crushing rinks. Plus the maturity thing. We all want him to be a special player. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can bring to the 2nd line. Speed is so badly needed. Thinking he's the fastest player the bruins have ever had in the organization...Senyschyn a close 2nd?
How did things work out for Senyshyn? Who, according to all reports, did whatever was asked of him, was popular with his teammates and coaches and just put in a terrible position because of where Sweeney drafted him.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

CellyHard

May 27, 2012
Massachusetts
love is the answer

Lysell 53 points for Bruins

Traded to Carolina July 1 2025 for Martin Necas

If Lysell gets 50+ points his rookie year I think he’s basically off the table

He could get the Calder with those numbers

Unless Necas really shows he can play center this year and it pops up again as another issue

Otherwise, enjoy the ELC bargain as much as you can

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
How did things work out for Senyshyn? Who, according to all reports, did whatever was asked of him, was popular with his teammates and coaches and just put in a terrible position because of where Sweeney drafted him.
I remember going to some preseason game in a bad mood bc I couldn’t get $20 for my season tickets I had just bought on the blue line. Saw some guy and was like whoa that dude sucks who is it and had to wait until I could read the back of his jersey. When I saw it was Senyshyn knew he’d be a colossal bust. Dude had no business being in the AHL and was worse than most coast players.

Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Lysell 50-50. I don’t think he’s getting a long look so it’s sink or swim he has training camp and maybe 5 games early in the year on the second or third line. We don’t let skill players break in on the fourth line havent since Marchand.

Probably a 40-50 point guy on a bad team like Utah.

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I have High hopes for lysel. I think he is likely a top six nhl player. But I’m bias. He might not be a top 6 player today but I think when he is 25-30 he will be.

Reactions: CellyHard

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
I want to see a young gun bloodbath between Lysell Merk and Poitras. May the best binky win. Enough of the Merk is this and Poitras is that and Lysell is this and that. Let the games begin!!!!

Last edited:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I want to see a young gun bloodbath between Lysell Merk and Poitras. May the best binky win. Enough of the Merk is this and Poitras is that and Lysell is this and that. Let the games begin!!!!

They would be competing for 3 different positions, so not really against each other.

Reactions: Kegs

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Lysell plays RW.

Poitras plays center.

Merkulov has played center and LW in Providence. In his short time at center in Boston he won 6 out of 28 faceoffs. Projects to be a left winger.
I don’t think merk plays wing. I don’t recall him playing wing in the nhl. my nhl viewing of him but it was very limited was pretty limited but he didn’t stand out when I did see him play.

I haven’t seen much of lysell either but im excited to see if he can take the next step.

To me poitras looked good at the nhl level and is the youngest of the three so I’ve basically penciled him in for next season.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
Lysell plays RW.

Poitras plays center.

Merkulov has played center and LW in Providence. In his short time at center in Boston he won 6 out of 28 faceoffs. Projects to be a left winger.
B Burns moved from F to D and Byfuglien moved from D to F. Countless players have played multiple forward positions up and down the line up. All that we hear and read are of absolutes. Let's just see how things shake out. Anything is possible.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
B Burns moved from F to D and Byfuglien moved from D to F. Countless players have played multiple forward positions up and down the line up. All that we hear and read are of absolutes. Let's just see how things shake out. Anything is possible.
Yup. I’m almost always in the wait and see camp. Partly because I don’t follow prospects close enough to make dependable projections. And partly because experience shows even when I do have a fairly strong opinion the outcome has a good chance of being different.
Let it play out.

Reactions: Blowfish

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Sweeney didn’t draft him

Keith Gretzky was the Dir of Scouting

As Dir of Scouting he ran the draft

He lost his job over it

#DKHINSIDRCHRLDR

4ORRBRUIN

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2005
boston
love is the answer

Lysell 53 points for Bruins

Traded to Carolina July 1 2025 for Martin Necas
Why would we trade the cost controlled 53 point 21 yo star for Necas? Thankfully Pasta isn't the GM.

Bruins will not need Necas if we hit on Lysell, Coyle and a pick for Necas makes more sense.

Reactions: CellyHard

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad