OOT Scoreboard 2024-25 season

Zajacs Bowl Cut

Lets Go Baby
Nov 6, 2005
PA
count the Canucks. They scored on this play. Not overturned.

Attachments

• 1729650118064.png
    1729650118064.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 2

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Me thinks that yet again the capitals will not be a bad team as everyone predicted before the season.
They’re much improved from last season. I figured they’d be a wild card team this year or finish around where they did last year. Their roster isn’t bad this year.

Last year it was pretty bad and they way overachieved. I still can’t understand how they won as many games and got as many points as they did last year. Especially with how old and washed some of those guys were and Kuemper playing a decent amount of the games. And Ovechkin not being a 50 goal scorer, never mind barely over 30. The current roster looks considerably better.

Especially with purging Kuemper’s cremains (albeit having to take back PLD and his contract) off the roster. They probably gain several points just getting him off the team.

Losing Oshie, Pacioretty and Kuemper is a huge deal. All 3 are washed (Oshie is probably done for good) and you can replace them with AHL fodder at this stage. And I think I’m forgetting one or two other wash ups that they got rid of who were there last year.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
And I still don’t know why Vegas didn’t just keep Logan Thompson and let him walk in UFA. His contract is league minimum.

So now they’re paying more for Samsonov this year than they would have paid Thompson. A contract like Thompson’s is one you just let walk in free agency when he’s due a raise if you don’t wanna keep him. Unless you get a huge return (they didn’t) or he just wasn’t playing as well as he has there. That’s not a contract where a team like Vegas should be worried about getting something in return or losing a player for nothing.

Reactions: Dialamo and My3Sons

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
They’re much improved from last season. I figured they’d be a wild card team this year or finish around where they did last year. Their roster isn’t bad this year.

Last year it was pretty bad and they way overachieved. I still can’t understand how they won as many games and got as many points as they did last year. Especially with how old and washed some of those guys were and Kuemper playing a decent amount of the games. And Ovechkin not being a 50 goal scorer, never mind barely over 30. The current roster looks considerably better.

Especially with purging Kuemper’s cremains (albeit having to take back PLD and his contract) off the roster. They probably gain several points just getting him off the team.

Losing Oshie, Pacioretty and Kuemper is a huge deal. All 3 are washed (Oshie is probably done for good) and you can replace them with AHL fodder at this stage. And I think I’m forgetting one or two other wash ups that they got rid of who were there last year.
Are they hardworking? I know how you love a hardworking team.

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

Having an AHL affiliate that has higher standards than any other non NHL team on Earth has probably also helped.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad