OOT Scoreboard 2024-25 season

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I always root for former Devils unless it's against us, I hope Vanecek does well in SJ. Looks like a good start to his year tonight
He really pissed me off last year, but more because of how he hid from the media after games and let everyone else answer questions about him more than his play, which was bad enough.

I do think he’s a better goalie than Blackwood. I don’t think he’s a great goalie or probably even a good one, but I think he was just mentally fried here after what happened in the 2023 playoffs, and it was never gonna work here again after that. So I always thought he could save his career elsewhere and anywhere but here.

I think he’s an okay to decent goalie, unlike Blackwood who I think stinks and is locked firmly into the bottom tier of goalies in the league who have a full time job in it.

I gave Vitek a stoppable goal for the only goal he allowed, on the 28th shot he faced, because it went under his glove and he probably wanted that back as well, with his body language and the way he shook his glove after it went in the net.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Zetterlund had a goal called back for offsides about a minute or two into that game, and the Sharks wound up not putting one in the back of the net the rest of the night.
Winning a Cup with Darcy Kuemper will make you think you can win with any goalie.
He was a good goalie, but he wasn’t at all good in those playoffs. Particularly after he got injured by getting his eye poked out.

That performance from both him and Francouz was maybe one of the worst goalie performances for a cup winner of all time. Certainly in the last couple of decades. They were definitely worse than 2010 Niemi and 2009 Fleury, who are always cited as giving weak performances.

And that was only a little over two years ago now, but I still feel it’s overshadowed by the Fleury and Niemi cups back to back years, despite it being a worse performance. Maybe because it was two guys combined and not just the one?

One other reason Colorado might think they could be good with any goalie is how bad Grubauer got after leaving there. :laugh:

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It can't be too long before they send Rob Blake to ride off into the sunset into the Pacific on his surfboard.

The Kings once again went with a stop gap or cheap plug/plugs in goal, only the one this year wasn't so cheap. It's a washed up Kuemper, who they had to take on to get rid of the PLD mistake not even a year in.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That MacEwan (I think?) goal from the blue line on Kuemper was almost as bad as that goal on Husso the other night. Only because it was a one timer was it not as bad.

Kuemper's reaction to that was way too slow. He gets his glove up, it's just way late. That reminded me of Rocky vs Apollo in Rocky 2 when Apollo is just taunting Rocky and Rocky swings at him and Apollo easily gets out of the way and is like ''You're too slow! Man, you're too slow!''.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_5653.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad