OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 season - part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Flyers goaltending is Vitek level right now. The loss of Hart is starting to really show.
Ersson was playing well for a while, but fell off a cliff recently.

I was a bit flabbergasted by how well he was playing earlier and wasn’t buying it. I don’t think he’s particularly good or ever really will be particularly good.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Very weird how the NHL avoided Friday night gms this season.
Friday hasn't been a very busy night for some years now. Monday and Friday are usually the lightest nights, along with Wednesday, but there usually 2-3 games on Wednesday's. Before Thanksgiving/holiday breaks and pre-all star break they will load up Wednesday's instead of Thursday.

I've noticed the Ducks play a lot of home games on Friday's and Wednesday's and Sunday's. For some reason they don't schedule Ducks and Kings home games on the same nights. I'm not sure why that is. Obviously, we play home games a lot of the same nights as Rangers home games. Same with Rangers and Islanders.

That may actually be some kind of contractual thing among the two Southern California teams. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 30+ year old agreement the Kings forced the Ducks into when they entered a league, as to not take Orange County Kings fans viewers.

The Ducks are currently on a road trip, so no game for them tonight.

The next two Friday's will have 5 and 6 games, probably just due to the end of the season ramping up.

Only one game this Sunday and it's the TNT afternoon game. Sometimes they have several games on Easter, but this year they don't.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Friday hasn't been a very busy night for some years now. Monday and Friday are usually the lightest nights, along with Wednesday, but there usually 2-3 games on Wednesday's. Before Thanksgiving/holiday breaks and pre-all star break they will load up Wednesday's instead of Thursday.

I've noticed the Ducks play a lot of home games on Friday's and Wednesday's and Sunday's. For some reason they don't schedule Ducks and Kings home games on the same nights. I'm not sure why that is. Obviously, we play home games a lot of the same nights as Rangers home games. Same with Rangers and Islanders.

That may actually be some kind of contractual thing among the two Southern California teams. I wouldn't be surprised if it's a 30+ year old agreement the Kings forced the Ducks into when they entered a league, as to not take Orange County Kings fans viewers.

The next two Friday's will have 5 and 6 games, probably just due to the end of the season ramping up.

Only one game this Sunday and it's the TNT afternoon game. Sometimes they have several games on Easter, but this year they don't.

It's related to teams coming in on road trips. For example, if Edmonton comes to NYC area. They will play Rangers, Isles and Devils. Typically they will have 2 days rest between games, so there will be more games on the same night.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
It's related to teams coming in on road trips. For example, if Edmonton comes to NYC area. They will play Rangers, Isles and Devils. Typically they will have 2 days rest between games, so there will be more games on the same night.
A lot of the teams coming through there are also on road trips. Maybe not some of the closer teams though. For instance, the Sharks don't play the Kings and Ducks on the same trip more often than not. For them that's like us flying to Buffalo/Washington/Raleigh/Eastern Canadian cities.

Just like we don't always play Ottawa/Montreal/Toronto on the same trip.

And a lot of times a team will play in LA one night, then Anaheim the next night or vice versa.

Louskoolaid89

We're back!
Oct 14, 2017
The Flyers, Capitals and Red Wings can do us a big favor and win their f***ing games and pull away from our disappointing shit squad. Please f***ing end this! Absolute torture to be in it and then piss away another opportunity. This season needs to end. As a hockey fan I'll enjoy the playoffs still and will enjoy it more if the Rags choke again. I feel they (NYR) have a solid and well balanced team. A really got opportunity here for them. Florida teams are our greatest alli against them.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Larkin looks done for the season on the first shift of the game.

Took a shot off his knee from his own teammate.

Can’t put any weight on it at all.

That should effectively end their season, which was probably already over.

So Capitals and Flyers it is? Unless you think the Islanders have one more run in them lol.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Minnesota with zero points after Hiney Head pulled the goalie again in OT to make it a 4 on 3.

That’s suicide if you don’t win it right there on that shift. Because you won’t be able to get your goalie back out there in time if the other team gets possession of it.

It doesn’t matter though. They aren’t making the playoffs.

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND
If we tried that we'd probably lose on an own goal when somebody tried to drop pass it or some other dumb bullshit.:laugh:

Not that we ever seem to get to OT lately anyway.

Dylan9z9

May 16, 2012
Rockaway, NJ

Thank You EF Hutton 🤣

Thank You EF Hutton 🤣
Jk👍

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
My god Gibson is just TRASH.

He looked so bad in that game against Edmonton, I can't f***in believe it.

He looked like f***in Chrona from the Sharks in that game. I wouldn't have known any better if you told me Chrona or Cooley from the Sharks were in net today for Anaheim.

It wasn't even that they were bad goals, I only nailed him on 2 of the 6 (which is about average for Gibson at this point), but some of the other goals.... Just.....the way he played that Henrique goal was interesting to say the least.

Someone that knows a hell of a lot more about goaltending than I do is gonna really pick apart a lot of those goals like the Henrique one. The way he was positioned for the initial shot. And did he actually stop it with his stick and push it away? I can't even tell, but that's bushleague goatlending by Gibson.

One of these two things is true. Gibson is either burnt crispity to the same level of Schneider by the end of his time here, or he's just given up at this point. He's totally off. You can't convince me he's better than average and you'd have a tough time convincing me he's even average at this point. He's either SHOT or just mailing it in.

His effort on the second goal, the one after Henrique really has to come into question. He's a statue. I'm sure his fans will tell you I just didn't watch the entire game and that he made at least 10 really good saves to keep the game from being 16-1 instead of 6-1.

Reactions: My3Sons

Call Me Al

Aug 28, 2017
out of town scoreboard looks primed to draw out our misery even further. i hate this season!!

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
We seriously can’t catch these pieces of shit. Embarrassing

IMG_1754.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad