OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_2685.jpeg

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well, at least I have something to watch on my 10 hour flight Tuesday lol
How reliable is the wifi on the plane?

My friends have said hit or miss. Sometimes they don't bother getting it and just use the time to catch some sleep. I've never slept on a plane, at least not in my adult life. But I don't fly as often as they do.

Reactions: My3Sons

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
How reliable is the wifi on the plane?

My friends have said hit or miss. Sometimes they don't bother getting it and just use the time to catch some sleep. I've never slept on a plane, at least not in my adult life. But I don't fly as often as they do.
I'm just hoping United has it on their TVs.

I'm screwed if I need to use their wifi.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
There hasn't been a Finals sweep since Detroit-Caps in '98...wild since there've been quite a few mismatches

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'm just hoping United has it on their TVs.

I'm screwed if I need to use their wifi.
Ah, I figured wifi was needed to get live TV and internet on airborne flights.

Perhaps I just don’t know enough about that stuff.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
There hasn't been a Finals sweep since Detroit-Caps in '98...wild since there've been quite a few mismatches
I was going through it the other day, but that series ended a streak of four straight years of SCF sweeps.

We’re now 25 finals without a sweep. I went through the numbers yesterday and there’s been more 7 game finals than 5 game finals in the last 25 years, though there’s been more 5 game finals in the last 6 years, where three have only went 5 games to just one going to 7 and two going to 6.

Davegarri

Much Doge, Wow Moon
Jan 8, 2014
NJ
Ah, I figured wifi was needed to get live TV and internet on airborne flights.

Perhaps I just don’t know enough about that stuff.
It really depends on the airline and what type of plane you're on.

I believe United 787s have live TV. But when I was on Emirates they didn't have live TV and only had a bunch of movies and TV series.

I usually pass out on flights though lol

Reactions: Bleedred

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
It took a lot of guts for panthers management to do a trade like this after the team had a presidents trophy season and one of the best offenses in the league. They realized that despite the regular season success, they didn’t have the kind of identity they wanted or the type of team they thought could win a cup. They had a vision for the type of players they wanted that would get them there and they went out and got them, despite the perceived risk and criticism. It’s not about collecting the flashiest and most skilled players, it’s about putting together the right type and mix of players with talent. On top of that, they willingly chose to let the coach who led them to a great regular season, opting instead to go with someone who they felt fit their vision better. Of course, I was told this is not something a GM could do to a coach after having a record-breaking season. lol

This is what I’m harping on all the time when I talk about leadership and vision. Any yo-yo can select the most talented guys available in the top 3 of the draft, or pay big money to the flashiest free agent available. It’s a totally different thing to have the vision of what identity you want your team to have, know which guys from the top line down to the grinders fits that identity, and have the conviction to make difficult decisions to get the guys who don’t fit it off your team in exchange for the ones who do. Not to mention, ensuring that there’s buy-in and a culture built for that vision from the owner all the way down to the Zamboni driver.

Bill Zito channeled his inner prime Lamorielli, and it’s beautiful.

It didn’t take guts to swap out Huberdeau for Tkachuk.

I firmly believe that Zito dreaded that extension and for good reason. Huberdeau is a sublime playmaker but doe nothing else well. He’s not a guy you want to pay 9m or more to. His extension was starting when he was 30.

Weeger was tougher loss but Zito has consistently shown the ability to fix his defense with smart cheap moves.

I guess not every GM will make the right move but it was the clearly the right move.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Florida will bounce back. It's hard to sweep a team regardless of whatever round of the playoffs it is. You knew Edmonton was going to win a game or so. Florida really only dominated them 1 out of the 4 games so far. They are still the better team and should close it out at home Tuesday. It will be more memorable for the fans to see them win it at home if they do in a few days.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
It really depends on the airline and what type of plane you're on.

I believe United 787s have live TV. But when I was on Emirates they didn't have live TV and only had a bunch of movies and TV series.

I usually pass out on flights though lol

That's why I always take red eyes whenever I gotta go somewhere even though some people hate them lol, you can stay up and pass out on the plane for an easy flight + no jet lag where you gotta go.

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto
That's why I always take red eyes whenever I gotta go somewhere even though some people hate them lol, you can stay up and pass out on the plane for an easy flight + no jet lag where you gotta go.

always a good plan....

did something similar on a trip to mexico city....did a few days there then my friend and i hopped on a quick flight south to the coast and stayed in puerto escondito on a beach hut hotel place (no resort shit for us....off the map always)

now the way back had no flights like 5 days later so we grabbed a midnight coach bus with fold back sleeper style seats (not the regular ones we usually see) and passed out to to a movie ....they were playing Ironman 2 ...and ya, in spanish.

next thing we know it's 8am and were back in mexico city. although it was sketchy, the trip not the bus that is

...we were with 3 other buses traveling in a convoy through those mountain roads overnight. and only stopped once in a real place to stop.

road pirates sometimes stop buses and board them to rob everyone. you do not f*** with these people i was told.

but a great way to avoid wasting a day travelling overnight ....just sleep.

Last edited:

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
I should've went to the AHL Final Game 2 in Hershey today. Good crowd, affordable tickets, and some good players in this series. Plus it's always a good time visiting chocolate world lol

Studenic had a goal for Coachella tonight too
hershey pa the park and all that is so underrated imo love that town and park such a good time going next week

Reactions: tailfins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad