OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This gives me vibes to our game 5 v LAK in 2012 tbh
Well that one was 0-0 for the longest time. I think well into the 3rd period. Then Patty scored, which was almost immediately followed by a horrible bullshit call on Clarkson (and typical Dustin Brown embellishment) and a lost faceoff led to a quick PP goal to tie it.

Then Henrique scored a late regulation winner.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah, this game is over.

Get Bob out of there. It would be pretty weird if they came back and won this game and clinched the cup without him on the ice though.

But I don't think that's something that they're gonna be coming across tonight.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
This gives me vibes to our game 5 v LAK in 2012 tbh
Oops - when I originally responded back to this I thought you had typed game 4 and not game 5.

Although game 5 wasn't much different, but it wasn't a 0-0 game for nearly as long.

I think the scoring started in the 1st period in that one, but I think it was the same 1-0 Devils, 1-1, 2-1 Devils game that game 4 was.

We had to hold the 2-1 lead a lot longer than we did in game 4. I think all the scoring was done by the 2nd period of that game. We may have added an empty netter late and won 3-1.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Guessing Bob just choked mentally being one win away from the big prize.

I don’t think the oilers are in the same tier as Florida.
I don't think it was really on Bob tonight. I didn't really like that Nurse goal, but the game was already probably long over before that. They pulled him after that one.

It's been 26 years since a sweep in the cup finals after a stretch of 4 finals sweeps in a row from 95-98.

Maybe we're due for one, but I don't think Edmonton is bad enough to get swept. That Montreal team in 2021 was significantly worse than this Oilers team and even they lasted 5 games. Their best players were a couple of mid 30s guys that were playing their last games of pro hockey, and they finished at the bottom of the league a year later.

Of course Edmonton aren't good without their two best players, but McDavid/Draisaitl >>>>>> well into their 30s Price and Weber.

I think it's probably over in game 5.

Alex NJD

Apr 28, 2015
Parsippany, New Jersey
I don't think it was really on Bob tonight. I didn't really like that Nurse goal, but the game was already probably long over before that. They pulled him after that one.

It's been 26 years since a sweep in the cup finals after a stretch of 4 finals sweeps in a row from 95-98.

Maybe we're due for one, but I don't think Edmonton is bad enough to get swept. That Montreal team in 2021 was significantly worse than this Oilers team and even they lasted 5 games. Their best players were a couple of mid 30s guys that were playing their last games of pro hockey, and they finished at the bottom of the league a year later.

Of course Edmonton aren't good without their two best players, but McDavid/Draisaitl >>>>>> well into their 30s Price and Weber.

I think it's probably over in game 5.
How significantly do you think tonight impacts Bob's conn smythe chances? After tonight believe he's at .911 for the final and a .909 overall for the playoffs. Could definitely see a mediocre showing in game 5 despite a win mean it goes to Barkov.

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
How significantly do you think tonight impacts Bob's conn smythe chances? After tonight believe he's at .911 for the final and a .909 overall for the playoffs. Could definitely see a mediocre showing in game 5 despite a win mean it goes to Barkov.
Good question.

Maybe slightly.

I said I think it was probably going to him unless he gets blown out a bunch in games 4-6 or something.

Overall, he hasn't had a Tim Thomas or Jonathan Quick type of Conn Smythe run or even a 2003 Brodeur run, but he's been about on par with the 2012 Marty these last two playoffs (who didn't win the cup), who probably would have gotten the Conn Smythe that year if we had won.

Sometimes they lean towards the legacy player/lifetime achievement factor with the Conn Smythe. I think we saw that Niedermayer in 2007. Probably Crosby in 2016. Some say Ovechkin in 2018, but I can't imagine Kuznetsov having gotten it over him that year.

And Bob is the most legendary player on the Panthers. Barkov is close, but he's still under 30.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

I want goaltending
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Alright, who had 8-1 on their bingo card?
I had a feeling at 2-0 Oilers it was gonna be a blowout. Didn't have much of a final score in mind, just a blowout win.

That could have been 5-1.

I figured even before the game that Edmonton probably stays alive one more night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad