OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Camille the Eel

Obviously goal tending is a key to special teams.

PP shots are 21-15 in favor of Carolina in this series.
Goal tending is definitely a Rangers advantage, and also high end finishing skill. The Rangers are playing very well.

Both Rangers regulation goals featured weak goal tending by Kotchekov. He read the Kreider finish on the 2 on 1 very late and wasn’t square to the puck and was similarly late and not compact on Lafreniere.

Meanwhile Igor has been flawless.

Still, Shesterkin is not why the Rangers are shutting down the Canes power play. The Rangers penalty kill is smothering them, Carolina isn’t handling the pressure, their puck movement looks tentative and hesitant, they are generating nothing and they even gave up a short handed goal.

The Canes are hopelessly outclassed by the Rangers. And since I hate Carolina only slightly less than I hate the Rags, I am going to try to be philosophical and not get too bummed about seeing the Rangers likely sweep them. Could hardly happen to a nicer team.

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

Lindys Lazy Eye

Oct 20, 2012
Dover, NJ
I’ve been watching the games and I can’t recall Igor having to make many really difficult saves on the PK.

what? The 2012 Kings dominated their opponents and were great in multiple areas of the game. The rangers are winning one goal games primarily by cashing in on PP’s against a team that didn’t even belong in the playoffs and another team that pulls this stupid “we can’t score in a whore house” routine every f***ing year when it matters most. They just got outshot by like a 2-1 margin. Doesn’t exactly scream 2012 kings to me but maybe I’m crazy.

Don't mind me. I'm just extra salty with every time I see those clowns come closer to advancing to another round.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Ultimately all three metro area teams have had immense luck, but I like our kind the best.

The bounces and shortcuts for NYR and NYI just prolong the inevitable crash.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
Most of those 21 shots are from the perimeter or one and done

They aren’t getting any second chances or anything of quality.
There is certainly the aspect of the Canes being a stat padding team as they just throw shots on goal from wherever.

But often that pressure of shot after shot breaks a goalie.

And sometimes goalies give up softies even without pressure.

Or maybe a meh goal, that isn't soft, but isn't a slam dunk.

Igor is saving shots at a high rate. Which is a thing he often does, as he is the best goalie in the league.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
RangersDoggo right now

1715309250914.png

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
Don't mind me. I'm just extra salty with every time I see those clowns come closer to advancing to another round.
I actually don’t give a shit about them winning rounds, as long as they don’t win the whole thing. And if they somehow won the whole thing...well then most likely that means something happened along the way where they actually improved their overall play and with great reservation I would tip my hat...but in three decades of watching NHL playoffs I have never seen a team win the Cup relying heavily on special teams and goaltending, they all were great 5v5 teams.

If I watched their games and saw performances that made me legitimately believe they are better than the Colorado, Dallas, and Florida's of the league I would have no problem admitting it, as much as it would pain me. Honestly, the most annoying thing about them having these fortunate runs is reading the posts here proclaiming that they are destined to win it all every year when they do this.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Ultimately all three metro area teams have had immense luck, but I like our kind the best.

The bounces and shortcuts for NYR and NYI just prolong the inevitable crash.
Yeah but if NYR do win it all, it's ultimately worth it for them in the end -- esp fitting since it's been an even 30 yrs since their last

Camille the Eel

Florida better not **** around with Boston or the Rangers might fo fo fo their way into the Finals
Boston - Florida is going to continue to be a war. Hell, last night was very close, with the Bruins blowing multiple chances to go up 2 goals until Florida tied it and then pulled away with a goal with just seconds left in the 2d period. And given what happened last year, and the multiple fights, bad blood and mayhem we saw last night, this series will likely continue to be a grudge match.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I actually don’t give a shit about them winning rounds, as long as they don’t win the whole thing. And if they somehow won the whole thing...well then most likely that means something happened along the way where they actually improved their overall play and with great reservation I would tip my hat...but in three decades of watching NHL playoffs I have never seen a team win the Cup relying heavily on special teams and goaltending, they all were great 5v5 teams.

If I watched their games and saw performances that made me legitimately believe they are better than the Colorado, Dallas, and Florida's of the league I would have no problem admitting it, as much as it would pain me. Honestly, the most annoying thing about them having these fortunate runs is reading the posts here proclaiming that they are destined to win it all every year when they do this.
Rag's winning the cup would be a nightmare.

But them winning rounds, while Dev's sit home, does lead to more potential Devils fans in NJ flipping to the darkside.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad