OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

Saugus

Ecrasez l'infame!
Jun 17, 2009
Connecticut
I’d rather the Caps get swept by the Rangers instead of NJ squeaking in and laying down like dogs to them.

It's hard to game out the counterfactual of the Rangers facing us in the first round.

With our injury troubles, I agree with you that they would beat us. Jack (still putting off the shoulder surgery) and Hamilton (presumably rushed back from his recovery to make the playoffs) not being 100% would definitely show.

But we have matched up well against them in recent years. I don't think we would get swept, like the Capitals appear poised to do.

Reactions: My3Sons

Camille the Eel

The 8 year 66-million-dollar contract Sorokin signed kicks in next year.
It’s “Buyer beware” when it comes to long term big money contracts for goalies.

Of course they bounce back after poor seasons too. Up until the second round of the 2023 playoffs a fair amount of posters would have said Bobrovsky’s deal with Florida was an albatross.

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Watching these absolute fraud Cap and Isle teams just makes me madder at our team.

Fitz needs to fix this shit
Watching the playoffs is making me angry too.

But I can't help but think that we just can't match up physically to the style of game that every series in East is playing .

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Three sweeps in progress: Tampa, Isles, and Caps.

Far from being pissed off we didn’t make it, I wonder what the big thrill would have been if we had made it only to have this happen one week later.

Masterful job by Carolina of locking it down and not allowing the Isles not just a look, but even so much as a peek at a legitimate scoring chance in the final 10 minutes of play. I mean the Isles could hardly even find the possession necessary to pull Varlamov in the final few minutes.

The isles lost this game by starting Sorokin, He was ice cold and fighting the puck from the start after being ignored the final 10 games and first 2 playoff games of the season.
Yeah, goals 2 and 3 on Sorokin were both bad. And they both beat him in the same spot. I was not at all surprised with the pull after the third goal.

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
we tried to warn those isles fans when lou plunked his soupy elderly nutsack into that office. enjoy frustrating mediocrity, nepotism and drafting incompetence!

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ

But I can't help but think that we just can't match up physically to the style of game that every series in East is playing .
They need to get back to their bread and butter of a speed game, because they skated circles around this same physical rangers team last year. Losing McLeod was, imo, the biggest loss due to his grit, speed, defensive game, and possession dominance.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E

Not this year's team and we wouldn't be able to play a speed game either with our injuries.

Too many holes in the bottom 6 and a gigantic one in the top 6 with Jack as hobbled as he was.

But still rather have made it then not

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Well, the Capitals had another lead in a game this series and they've scored the first goal of the game as many times as the Rangers have wins in this series.

But just like that it's tied.

They can get a ''Had two leads in the series against the Rangers'' ribbon to go on the wall of Gaylord.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
IMG_3629.jpeg

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yea the Caps are toast
They were toast a couple of years ago.

The Islanders are below wild card caliber, but the Capitals are riding a lot of luck not to finish with under 80 points.

That’s how bad they are.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Another headshot

When will an opponent retaliate and headshot one of their stars?

Lol at Max not shooting that

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I'd rather see someone head shot Rempe than one of their stars.

I'm a vengeful person to a degree, but not on innocent people.

Rempe's gotta go. The fact that he's ''Making goons relevant again'' is stupid enough in itself.

Hopefully his 15 minutes of fame is about up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad