OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
it’s better for my heart that the Panthers are in this position

But man, could u imagine if the Rangers has blown a 3-0 series lead to the Oil

Would've had that if the Canes didn't have a paraplegic in net. And nah, the Rangers would be the team that does something like this and then wins game 7 on some of the flukiest shit ever lol

Camille the Eel

I don't know if I want the Oilers to pull it off or for it to all end in a wet popcorn fart when Florida beats them 4-1 in Game 7.
May well happen. The Panthers get back to basics, have some fun playing hockey, play defense first, let their chances come naturally out of their defense, get traffic in front of Skinner, shoot pucks into it and get a few bounces. I wouldn’t bet against it.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I mean, Florida hasn't shown under Maurice that they can't actually start games off well. They have had 4 chances to get this done, blew 3 of them, they still have one last chance to do it but how do you feel confident in them not coming out slow? Also, this is ignoring the fact who's on the opposing side of you. McDavid is arguably the greatest player this sport has ever seen and you bet that he wants to have a legacy cementing game

Last edited:

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I’d probably feel a little bad for the Panthers if they lost two cup finals in a row.

Because I don’t think they’re coming back next year. This may be their final chance at a cup for a bit.

For Edmonton I think this is just the first cup finals appearance of potentially several in the next few years.

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
I’d probably feel a little bad for the Panthers if they lost two cup finals in a row.

Because I don’t think they’re coming back next year. This may be their final chance at a cup for a bit.

For Edmonton I think this is just the first cup finals appearance of potentially several in the next few years.

The East is gonna regress next year for sure. I don't mean to sound cocky + probably wrong thread but if the Devils can their act together a bit, there's no reason why they can't make a run. But definitely need to see what they do at the draft + UFA before I make that bold claim into more substantial. :laugh:

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I think Edmonton is the more talented team. Florida was better run, structured and more prepared coming in and now Edmonton has figured it out and is running them out of town.

In the last two seasons, when Edmonton has been on they’ve been absolute beasts, looking like world beaters. They just aren’t on all the time.

2022-23
Games 1-42
42 GP 21-18-3
147 GF (3.50 GF/G) 143 GA (3.40 GA/G)
48 PP GF, 5 SH GF
42 PP GA, 3 SH GA

Games 43-82
40 GP 29-5-6
178 GF (4.45 GF/G) 117 GA (2.92 GF/G)
41 PP GF, 13 SH GF
22 PP GA, 4 SH GA

2023-24
Games 1-18
18 GP 5-12-1
53 GF (2.94 GF/G) 72 GA (4.00 GA/G)
14 PP GF, 3 SH GF
18 PP GA, 3 SH GF
[Woodcroft was fired after 13 GP]

That suckfest was followed by this crazy run:

Games 19-45
27 GP 24-3-0
107 GF (3.96 GF/G) 52 GA (1.92 GA/G)
24 PP GF, 1 SH GF
8 PP GA, 1 SH GA

The whole rest of the season after the bad start:
Games 19-82
64 GP 44-15-5
241 GF (3.76/G) 165 GA (2.54/G)
50 PP GF, 4 SH GF
35 PP GA, 2 SH GA

njdevils1982

Hell Toupée!!!
Sep 8, 2006
North of Toronto

feel bad to witness ineptitude? f*** no,

do it or languish!

• Haha
Reactions: Dialamo

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
I mean, Florida hasn't shown under Maurice that they can actually start games off well. They have had 4 chances to get this done, blew 3 of them, they still have one last chance to do it but how do you feel confident in them not coming out slow? Also, this is ignoring the fact who's on the opposing side of you. McDavid is arguably the greatest player this sport has ever seen and you bet that he wants to have a legacy cementing game
The other thing too is that it’s not like McDavid is facing off against a Kucherov or Mackinnon. The closest thing Florida has to those guys is Barkov but as great of a two way player as he is, he’s definitely a tier below Connor and not quite at the level of those other two. McDavid is the most skilled player to come along since Gretzky, a once in a lifetime talent. I just don’t see him losing to a team that doesn’t have a superstar that’s even close to him.

Reactions: glenwo2

MadDevil

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2007
Bismarck, ND

You never know, Florida could be the Buffalo Bills of the NHL. Although there is some irony in the fact that they started their playoff run last year by coming back from down 3-1 against Boston and they may end this one by blowing a 3-0 series lead.

Also, my ability to curse teams these playoffs may go 2-0 in favor of the Oilers. I said they were going to waste McDavid and Draisatl when they were down against Dallas, they came back to win. Down 3-0 this series I said they'd get to watch the Cup being raised in their building in Game 4, and they've forced a Game 7 lol

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
With the extra day off the Oilers were able to breakdown Florida’s game. The Oiler’s speed is killing them. Florida has to hope for OT and get a lucky bounce. They looked shocked and bewildered.It’s going to be tough for them to pull it out.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
florida mailing in game 4 cost them? i mean say they lost the game but it was a hard fought game and they lose it in overtime do they finish it off in game 5? was the blow out what started all this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad