OOT Scoreboard 2023-24 playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The Oilers will make the series interesting in Edmonton, but it may not be their year. Like when Sid and those guys went to the SCF in 08 and lost before going back again and winning it the next year.

But those Pens guys were still quite a bit younger than McDrai.

I think they’ll be in contention for years. May as well not give more lipstick for the pig that is Ken Holland on his way out by giving him yet another cup.

This is the Panthers best shot, because I think they may lose guys in UFA and possibly have a (slightly) weaker team next year.

Camille the Eel

McDavid’s astonishing skating is breaking him free time and again, yet it’s not translating into dangerous shots or tough saves by Bobrovsky. Often not resulting in any shot on goal at all. You see him breaking clear on the rush or juking off the defense up high in the O zone, but then nothing happens.

That’s got to change if Edmonton is going to make this a competitive series. 1 goal in 2 games.

I can’t remember Bobrovsky having to make a really difficult save at all tonight. Just a dominating win for Florida.

Reactions: My3Sons

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Bobrovsky conn smythe ticket looking better and better
Yeah his first couple of rounds were just kind of okay. Nothing spectacular, but everything since late in the Boston series, with the one exception being game 3 of the Rangers series he’s been lights out and I don’t think he’s allowed more than 2 goals other than that game since earlier in the Boston series. Was it that game 1 blowout?

They could give it to Barkov (hopefully he plays again), but it’ll come down to him and Bob. Bob may win the tiebreaker votes due to lifetime achievement/hall of fame status.

I think Barkov will play again, but wouldn’t be surprised to see him out game 3, just because they’re up 2-0 and have a little bit of insurance and breathing room.

Reactions: My3Sons

guitarguyvic

Mar 31, 2010
The Oilers will make the series interesting in Edmonton, but it may not be their year. Like when Sid and those guys went to the SCF in 08 and lost before going back again and winning it the next year.

But those Pens guys were still quite a bit younger than McDrai.

I think they’ll be in contention for years. May as well not give more lipstick for the pig that is Ken Holland on his way out by giving him yet another cup.

This is the Panthers best shot, because I think they may lose guys in UFA and possibly have a (slightly) weaker team next year.
Oilers got handed a gift with Florida playing mediocre in game 1 and still couldn’t beat them, then got their asses completely handed to them in game 2. I don’t think they make it interesting at all unless maybe if Barkov is out.

The oilers don’t remind me of that penguins team at all. Sid had a much better surrounding cast and like you said they were much younger when they got their first chance. McDrai will likely get another opportunity but it seems unlikely it will be as soon as next year. That team still needs upgrades on D and bottom 6.

Bleedred

#FIREDAVEROGALSKI
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Oilers got handed a gift with Florida playing mediocre in game 1 and still couldn’t beat them, then got their asses completely handed to them in game 2. I don’t think they make it interesting at all unless maybe if Barkov is out.

The oilers don’t remind me of that penguins team at all. Sid had a much better surrounding cast. McDrai will likely get another opportunity but it seems unlikely it will be as soon as next year. That team still needs an upgraded on D and bottom 6.
I think a lot of you underrate Edmonton. People have been picking against them all playoffs long. The consensus was Dallas was going to walk all over them. I think they just might get another opportunity next year.

I understand favoring the Panthers at this point and even before the series but Edmonton will be a contender for years to come. Unless you think one of or both of those guys will be on the outs, which I’m not sure why they would be at this point, with an SCF appearance and conference finals in 2 of the last 3 years.

I do agree that they don’t have a great supporting cast. That’s where the new GM should probably help.

I kind of don’t want to see them win the cup with Holland still GM, because he’s the most overachieving and over compiling GM in NHL history. Inherited the Red Wings from Jim Devellano and inherited McDrai. I’m not saying his career sucked, but it wasn’t as good as all of his rings. He didn’t turn the Red Wings around or anything like Lou did to the Devils.

PizzaAndPucks

New Jersey Angels diehard
Nov 29, 2018
Up 2-0 in the series and you might not see your team again (if everything goes right)…it’s appropriate.
Does he expect them to say it during a preseason game or something ??? That fanbase is excited , they should be chanting that because they deserve it.

I really hope Florida. I'm still pretty bummed Barkov might be out after that dirty hit. He's one of my favorite non Devil players and he has been super effective during this run. I think Florida can survive without him but it sucks to see a player like that possibly miss games because Draisaitl lost his cool. That hit is worthy of a 1 game suspension. If it was Corey Perry it would 100% be punished.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
yeah this series isn't over yet but its getting late quickly for the oilers. I said it before but the rangers/panthers series imo was for the cup. igor would have had two shutouts against these guys if the rangers were in the final.

Reactions: Camille the Eel

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
I’d rather see Drai play and get absolutely destroyed all game. Especially if FLA jumps out to a lead. I am enjoying the return of some of this old school stuff since clearly the league doesn’t care about CTE so I’ve accepted that we’re in wrestling/boxing territory again. Let these finesse guys overstep and pay the price later. And of course we have to add some guys who can create this kind of chaos as well.

In general, the Capfriendly stuff and the NHL’s response has proven every assumption I’ve ever had about how brain dead the leadership and owners are. Cost themselves billions into the social media era by being so anti-fan every step of the way. Old school in every way that doesn’t matter. I don’t think you can get more cynical about the NHL despite how unreal the skill and skating are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad