OOT Scoreboard: 2021 Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Murray really has gotten the max out of this roster all the same. And can Makin return in a form that makes a difference. The goaltending is the weakness as everyone has pointed out. And if they can get by this series (and I still think they probably will) that gives Malkin time to return in something like true form.

Jarry or whoever else is or becomes available just has to get hot.

Notice how Pullock (spelling?) was never far away when Crosby was on the ice?
The Isle top pair is an elite shut down unit, it’s definitely one of their big strengths.

Sorokin wasn’t good against the better teams, the Isles lost a huge advantage in goal unless Varlamov comes back. Jarry has his random stinkers, we scored six on him but he did better overall. DeSmith being out hurts though since they have no one else to turn to.

It’s going to be close but I don’t see how the Isles have won the series with this one win. They still have their own many problems.

I don’t know if Malkin, DeSmith or Varlamov are coming back at any point this series. It sounded like both Malkin and DeSmith were possibilities for this game (but who knows really).

BurntToast

May 27, 2007
Saratoga, New York
Looks like the Islanders made a great investment especially if it’s directly linked to a playoff victory. (Maybe if they get to the second round Palms will score again!?:sarcasm:)

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Ya I think the Pred's and Vegas. Mtl makes sense as well.

Not that unlikely that at least one of those teams wins 2 rounds.
You mean St Louis, not Vegas (won have the 2nd best record).

St Louis, Montreal, Winnipeg and Nashville. The winner of Scotia North is little up in the air because no one, except Toronto, is particularly good. So if Toronto screws it up *shrug* but then Edmonton is right there too.

Nashville and St. Louis are longer shots.

Reactions: devilsblood

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Their depth is certainly a reason I can’t see them going far and picked the Islanders to win this series. Didn’t they have Evan Rodrigues playing with Crosby (or maybe he was with Malkin before he got injured?) earlier this year. That’s pretty hilarious.

I remember he was racking up points at one point this season, then came the market correction because he’s Evan Rodrigues and he’s not all that good.

And if they can win a cup with Murray in nets the entire playoffs, I can’t write off a deep run with Jarry, but he’s been an embarrassment today.

Good thing Rodirgues fell off a cliff. Fiitzgerald might have traded Jesper Boqvist for him

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
MAF is having a game. Guy is still pretty damn good at what 36 years old ? He would,d be the perfect 1b for Blackwood . If Vegas wins the cup would they consider moving him ?

The 29th Pick

Still Alive !
Dec 7, 2007
Northvale N.J.
MAF is having a game. Guy is still pretty damn good at what 36 years old ? He would,d be the perfect 1b for Blackwood . If Vegas wins the cup would they consider moving him ?
what happens in Vegas doesn't always stay in Vegas!, remember when the Pens "decided it was time to move on" from him! its possible esp with all the salaries in Vegas
some of his saves are Brodeurian !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad