Value of: One Way Ticket for Filip Forsberg out of Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Don't see LL going after him until the trade deadline, and he's shown two years in a row he won't trade for a guy he can't resign. Can Isles really afford to resign him. Seems like a solid "no" without some serious roster juggling. They'll also have Pulock to renegotiate. So I don't think Isles are a fit for him, however much we could use his offense.

LL may break that mold and go for it, if so we wouldn't be able to give up a top 6 rostered player so probably looking at a 1st in a future draft and Raty (guessing his stock will rise significantly this year).

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
Forsberg: “I have no rush to sign. I mean I still have a full year. I don’t know, I feel like you have to play your contract out. Obviously I have a full year. [...]"

What exactly does he mean by the bolded? If I'm not just reading too much into polite boilerplate.

Like, you have to finish the contract before the next one? Obviously that's not how it goes, extensions are inked all sorts of early. That's a bit curious thing to say there.

[Sorry OP for the slight derail.]

I think it means he wants that sweet UFA money.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Seattle does make sense as a UFA. They should just bide their time on that though. And just throw a nice AAV at him next summer.

GeauxPreds1

Jul 5, 2017
Murfreesboro
This has been my outlook for a while now. It is puzzling what Poile is actually doing, he has kept the roster just good enough not to land in the top 10 picks, yet not talented enough to compete for even a wildcard. If he was all in on resigning both Ekholm and FF9 it would be done, its not like he does not have the cap room. The roster is full of bottom 6 guys and unproven kids at the NHL level. Josi and Ekholm are the best players on the team Forsberg is a solid forward but has yet to break 70 points. There is also still a question as to his loyalty now since the Jarnkrok trade. By Christmas we will know, and that may well be Poiles plan run in 30 to 40 games see where he is and then complete the burn down of the roster, reguardless your correct this team will not be competitive with the current roster. It is going to be a 4 or 5 year rebuild from the looks of it. Possibly longer with the Duchene and Johansen contracts weighing the team down.
Not talented enough to make the playoffs but somehow almost always makes the playoff

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
Nick Robertson straight up. Would give the Leafs another wing option to potetntially re-sign if they want to move on from Marner after the season.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Forsberg would fit like a glove in Calgary. A topline RHS is one of our biggest needs. We are basically team Sweden with Markstrom, Lindholm, Andersson, Backlund, Kylington in our lineup. Why not add another?

1st 2022 + Zary + Cap dump (Lucic would be in his last season, not longterm)
for
Forsberg

Only way to make the money work in the offseason with big extensions for Johnny and Tkachuk looming. I don't think Nashville would get a better package than that personally.

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
As if Rinne was the reason they made playoffs last season?
Well He was not a elite tender for the last couple years but the plan in net is a big gamble now. We will know before long. We will know by Thanksgiving.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad