Value of: One Way Ticket for Filip Forsberg out of Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
If you're not rebuilding than what are you doing honestly? This team is not contending anytime soon.
Even rebuilding/retooling teams need quality veteran players, and I'm doubtful any return we get for Forsberg is going to net us a player as good as he is (and he's only 27, so has enough years to still be a productive player post a rebuild/retool). With Josi's injury/concussion concerns, Ekholm is our only other regular veteran d-man. "Contender" or not, Poile is usually looking to be playoff competitive.

Porter Stoutheart

Seen Stamkos?
Jun 14, 2017
If you're not rebuilding than what are you doing honestly?
Trying to make the playoffs and continue trending in the right direction with a sound foundation for younger players to step into.

Too many variables on the team right now to know if they really can make the playoffs or not. Last year's finish says, sure, why not... but it came on the back of a lot of surprising performances that I'm not sure are solid bets to carry forward. But anyway, until those variables get sorted out, it's still the plan to keep competing. Make the playoffs. Take home some playoff gate revenue, even if it's just 1 round. Gradually get even better from within. Retaining "young veterans" like Forsberg and Ekholm are key to that plan. And Poile has established a payroll that is conducive to retaining them.

This whole "you must contend OR you must rebuild" mindset is baffling to me. :dunno:

Rorschach

Who the f*** is Trevor Moore?
Oct 9, 2006
Los Angeles
The time has come. Its time to SERIOUSLY consider offers for Forsberg. Teams in win now mode, submit your offers. You're all very smart people, I expect to see some good offers in here.

Although the timing of your offer request is a bit off (pre-season vs. trade deadline), I would say your request is about half finished. You may want to state what your team's goals are (rebuilding/retooling/shed salary/other) or what you're looking for, generally speaking, so anyone who wants to make an offer can offer what you actually want.

Richard88

John 3:16
Jun 29, 2019
Forsberg would be the perfect acquisition for Colorado. He'd fill the 2LW spot as well as take the bumper spot on PP1.

Landeskog -- Mackinnon --- Rantanen
Forsberg ------- Kadri --------- Burakovsky

--------- Landeskog ----------
Mack Forsberg Rantanen
----------- Makar --------------

Avs also have to replace the entire 2nd line in 2022 since Nichuskin, Kadri, and Burakovsky hit UFA at the same time, so there would be plenty of cap flexibility to resign Forsberg.

Trade chips would likely include 2023 1st, Kaut, Ranta, Helleson, Behrens (or any other prospects not named Newhook/Byram).

Reactions: JoeSakic13

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
For those waiting for the ultimate cliffhanger…

@Abysmal Bylsma @trick9

Forsberg: “I have no rush to sign. I mean I still have a full year. I don’t know, I feel like you have to play your contract out. Obviously I have a full year. [...]"

What exactly does he mean by the bolded? If I'm not just reading too much into polite boilerplate.

Like, you have to finish the contract before the next one? Obviously that's not how it goes, extensions are inked all sorts of early. That's a bit curious thing to say there.

[Sorry OP for the slight derail.]

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Newhook + Compher (cap reasons) ?

Does Nashville add and if so what do they add?

Byrddog

Lifer
Nov 23, 2007
If you're not rebuilding then what are you doing honestly? This team is not contending anytime soon.
This has been my outlook for a while now. It is puzzling what Poile is actually doing, he has kept the roster just good enough not to land in the top 10 picks, yet not talented enough to compete for even a wildcard. If he was all in on resigning both Ekholm and FF9 it would be done, its not like he does not have the cap room. The roster is full of bottom 6 guys and unproven kids at the NHL level. Josi and Ekholm are the best players on the team Forsberg is a solid forward but has yet to break 70 points. There is also still a question as to his loyalty now since the Jarnkrok trade. By Christmas we will know, and that may well be Poiles plan run in 30 to 40 games see where he is and then complete the burn down of the roster, reguardless your correct this team will not be competitive with the current roster. It is going to be a 4 or 5 year rebuild from the looks of it. Possibly longer with the Duchene and Johansen contracts weighing the team down.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad