One Trick Pony players. Amazing at one thing.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Igor Radulov - Alex's brother - played in the NHL and scored a gorgeous goal because he had insane hands but he was so bad at everything else a year and a half later he got sent down to the ECHL because he couldn't even hack it in the AHL.

Nico Hischier

Nov 22, 2017
I’m sure they were posted already but

Robbie schremp - was really good at shootouts but never made it

Brandon perlini - without looking it up I wanna say he had like a 20 goal 2 assist season

Edit Brandon perlini is not the guy I was thinking of. The guy I’m thinking of was in the league for a couple seasons had a year with like 20 goals and 2 assists. I think he played for the panthers but he was definitely traded to the ny rangers. Can’t remember his name.

Edit 2 it was Brandon Pirri. He scored 22 goals and 2 assists in 49 games in 2014-15 with the panthers

Last edited:

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
Either you arbitrarily decided to ignore Ovechkin’s prime/peak, are simply cherry-picking, or just enjoy partaking in HF memes.

If the answer is the second or third option, forgive me as I have a bad habit recently of responding to troll-posts.

PettersonHughes

Aug 26, 2020
Joe Thornton and passing the puck - pretty much made his career racking up dimes, and in his prime he got more assists than some players had points (only 20ish/ 30 goals in 114/ 125 point seasons). Fun fact, he's only had one season where he scored more goals than assists, in 2000.

Mike Sillinger too, for changing teams (nah, credit needs to go where it's due, 40ish/ 50ish points and 500+ points in 1000 games is a solid career)

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Ulf Samuelson at ending careers with knee collisions and sticks to the face.
Scott Stevens at head hunting talented players.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Jesse Winchester was a thoroughly unimpressive player but he was one of the best players along the boards that I've seen.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
Either you arbitrarily decided to ignore Ovechkin’s prime/peak, are simply cherry-picking, or just enjoy partaking in HF memes.

If the answer is the second or third option, forgive me as I have a bad habit recently of responding to troll-posts.
Wasn't arbitrary ignoring anything. My responses were all text, so no memes. I was playing in a light forum regarding Ovechkin's dominant go-to move. Clearly he does have other hockey skills to his game. As do the vast majority of the other players mentioned in this thread. You wanna call that trolling, that's on you. It's August in the NHL calendar, not much happening. Relax

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
Wasn't arbitrary ignoring anything. My responses were all text, so no memes. I was playing in a light forum regarding Ovechkin's dominant go-to move. Clearly he does have other hockey skills to his game. As do the vast majority of the other players mentioned in this thread. You wanna call that trolling, that's on you. It's August in the NHL calendar, not much happening. Relax
The topic title and the bold is an HF meme, and an old one at that. Your OP was definitely written to elicit responses, and I took the bait. My bad, my g. Relax.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
The topic title and the bold is an HF meme, and an old one at that. Your OP was definitely written to elicit responses, and I took the bait. My bad, my g. Relax.
The bolded was a series of words I strung together to make a sentence explaining the context of my post. A post that has been up for five(5) days and you are the only one that has verbalized their issue with it. I typed it because the thought amused me. Figured it might amuse someone else. So yeah that was the response I was trying to elicit. You decided to turn into a troll post. So.... {insert moment of self reflection here}.

Ralonzo

Я хочу!
Nov 6, 2006
Virginia
There are a pile of net front guys in the Dave Andreychuk/JVR mold.

Thinking about that, there was one guy who'd go to the net front but his thing was predominantly deflecting pucks - Tony Tanti. Had an extra long stick so he could reach more pucks to tip them.

• Love
Reactions: wintersej

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
The bolded was a series of words I strung together to make a sentence explaining the context of my post. A post that has been up for five(5) days and you are the only one that has verbalized their issue with it. I typed it because the thought amused me. Figured it might amuse someone else. So yeah that was the response I was trying to elicit. You decided to turn into a troll post. So.... {insert moment of self reflection here}.
I count two(2) responses, but I think you only responded to mine. Based on your responses, I can see why you said you would be pretty much ignoring questions or comments. Self-reflection indeed.

Marlowe Syn

R-O-C-K-F-O-R-D
Sep 2, 2008
DeepSouth of PNW
I count two(2) responses, but I think you only responded to mine. Based on your responses, I can see why you said you would be pretty much ignoring questions or comments. Self-reflection indeed.
The other post I saw was by a poster which I interpreted as he got the joke I was making and called Ovi a "two trick pony" with his ENGs. And I did respond to his post with a laugh emoticon.

Clearly sarcasm cheeses you off, and I grow weary of this game. I don't come on to this board to derail threads and spar with other posters. So here is our crossroads. See ya.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
Post major injuries and over the two seasons Steven Stamkos. Guy has a HOF shot, but hasn't been good 5 v 5. If you have a guy that can get the puck and feed him the puck he will score. I will say I will miss him and he was the best player in his last game hear. I wish we kept him.

The best one trick pony player was Hasek because he was just the best at stopping pucks.

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
Jyrki Lumme was a good defenseman overall, but he was a god at backhanding the puck out of the defensive zone. Every time he got it he would flip it on high out of the zone but not ice it. And it was always the backhand.

Planetov

Nov 18, 2019
The other post I saw was by a poster which I interpreted as he got the joke I was making and called Ovi a "two trick pony" with his ENGs. And I did respond to his post with a laugh emoticon.

Clearly sarcasm cheeses you off, and I grow weary of this game. I don't come on to this board to derail threads and spar with other posters. So here is our crossroads. See ya.
Then that would be three(3). My bad. I guess counting cheeses both of us off.

Clearly you came on a message board with a “reply” feature at the bottom of each and every one of your posts. If you weren’t prepared for responses, you should have taken your own advice. Alternatively, if you click on my name, look for the blue rectangle at the bottom, third from the left, it’s every bit as handy as the reply feature.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
Ovechkin's one timer from the left circle.

I stand by this opinion. I will be taking questions and comments, but will also be pretty much ignoring them.

Slandering Ovechkin is pretty typical so I don't blame you for parroting this.

In a related note, this video obviously never happened and was created by AI:

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Charlie Conway

Oxford Comma
Nov 2, 2013
Anyone mention Zenon Konopka?

Career 59% faceoff percentage (1667-1129). Some years over 60%.

Michael Grabner—creating breakaways.

Unreal speed, and he had a serious knack for anticipating things on the penalty kill. He was good for 2 or 3 breakaways a game and maybe finished 10% of them, if even.

Similar idea with a different skillset was Julien Gauthier...when he was with the Rangers, he would make 2 or 3 beautiful power moves to the net per game, but he never finished them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad