OT: One More Off Topic Off Season Thread

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Would this be the equivalent of Canada barely beating Thailand in hockey?

Its so strange to watch these games. While I'm not a huge basketball fan anymore its been very interesting to watch the pre olympic games. The US had some trouble with every Nation they faced. Canada,, Sudan, Germany and the US club is star studded. So loaded with talent and ability. The US are capable of such dynamic and mind blowing plays and yet they let the opponents hang in all these games. Its kind of inexplicable watching it. Odder too is that the opponents are also very capable of making excellent plays that are challenging the US superiority.

Maybe its just that its tune ups and not dialing fully in but competition is closing in. US in basketball are where Canada was at in hockey when sending even the pros out was barely enough.

Reactions: oilers'72

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
1721774284768.png

1721774321802.png

1721774363254.png

1721774394103.png

Attachments

• 1721774393959.png
    1721774393959.png
    589.6 KB · Views: 1

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
This was dry rubbed, cooked at 225 and spritzed with apple cider vinegar/apple juice mixture with a little bit of brown sugar
Looks and sounds tasty!!
I haven’t tried using apple cider vinegar besides 3-2-1 ribs. I usually render down the fat trimmings I got and use the tallow doing a brisket. Not sure if you knew but a great tip when choosing a brisket is to bend it in half lengthwise and see if the ends touch. Good way to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. But again that looks delicious!!! Got the stomach growling. Time for a smash burger…….wish it was brisket though lol.

This was the final product from my brisket a weekend before last.
IMG_1456.jpeg

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012
Looks and sounds tasty!!
I haven’t tried using apple cider vinegar besides 3-2-1 ribs. I usually render down the fat trimmings I got and use the tallow doing a brisket. Not sure if you knew but a great tip when choosing a brisket is to bend it in half lengthwise and see if the ends touch. Good way to make sure you’re getting your money’s worth. But again that looks delicious!!! Got the stomach growling. Time for a smash burger…….wish it was brisket though lol.

View attachment 896674

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Looks great

Looks and sounds tasty!!

View attachment 896674
You guys, I have a brisket in the freezer but too much traveling and not enough time to commit to a big cook. Looks like a keeper.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Has anybody heard if the rain is now falling in Jasper? Its a desperate situation and the military has been called in but not sure if the rain has actually started yet? It was in the forecast for tonight. Anybody have relatives there who have been evacuated?

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Several bridges closed??? That will certainly throw a big monkey wrench in Edmonton traffic.

Only in Edmonton would they consider fixing a hundred year old bridge that’s falling apart instead of simply replacing it altogether.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
I sure hope they have those amazing electric buses.

I wonder if they will have an interactive mugging or an interactive drugged out vagrant barfing on you display or perhaps someone pushing you from behind onto some tracks 6 feet below and only 8 seconds to scramble back up onto the platform before you get run over interactive display? It would add a degree of realism and excitement to the displays!

Three On Zero

HF Designated Parking Instructor
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2012

Ad

Upcoming events

• Tappara Tampere @ HC Dynamo Pardubice
    Tappara Tampere @ HC Dynamo Pardubice
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $105.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: