OT: One More Off Topic Off Season Thread

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Awesome stuff!

Hey, if you haven’t tried making Montreal Smoked Meat, please give it a try. More steps, but in the end actually easier than just a Brisket.

I use a Turkey Roaster for the final step of steaming. It’s crazy good, and much easier than you might think

View attachment 894862

Thanks!!!!

Almost ready to do my wrap. I went a little lighter on the rub this time so I’m not getting the darker bark like I was hoping for but it’s definitely feeling on the tender already!! The sun is shining on it just right when I opened the lid so I couldn’t get the best photo but smells glorious.

IMG_1448.jpeg

That's definitely on the list and it’s funny you suggest it as I was talking to a friend last night saying I think I want to do a pastrami or a Montreal smoked meat.

Edit: I take it back, the bark darkened nicely

IMG_1453.jpeg

Last edited:

Bobieque

Low n' Slow (Me & the Food)
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2006
High River
Thanks!!!!

Almost ready to do my wrap. I went a little lighter on the rub this time so I’m not getting the darker bark like I was hoping for but it’s definitely feeling on the tender already!! The sun is shining on it just right when I opened the lid so I couldn’t get the best photo but smells glorious.

View attachment 894877

That's definitely on the list and it’s funny you suggest it as I was talking to a friend last night saying I think I want to do a pastrami or a Montreal smoked meat.

View attachment 894886
Oh my, that is looking soooo nice!

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Worse than when Roseanne sang it. Only Roseanne was bad on purpose. This gal can’t sing but everyone is just supposed to pretend she can. I guess autotune wasn’t working.
She made an announcement yesterday and said she was drunk when she sang and was getting help immediately for a drinking problem. While recognizing she has a problem and doing something about it now is good, it's unfathomable that she thought she could get hammered and perform a national anthem at a huge event watched by millions.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
She made an announcement yesterday and said she was drunk when she sang and was getting help immediately for a drinking problem. While recognizing she has a problem and doing something about it now is good, it's unfathomable that she thought she could get hammered and perform a national anthem at a huge event watched by millions.

And she was so drunk she forgot her autotune.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Unfathomable? I don't know that I'm surprised at all anymore by things like this.

People don't exactly think nowadays

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Unfathomable? I don't know that I'm surprised at all anymore by things like this.

People don't exactly think nowadays

Two people sitting in the row in front and across from me were arrested at the gate after my flight this morning for drunk and disorderly, and drinking their own liquor which is against FAA regs.

It was a perfect live example of f*** Around and Find Out.

Had a very good chuckle at their expense leaving the plane as I saw the police car on the tarmac and 6 of Seattle’s finest standing there to nab the dummies who of course denied everything.

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Awesome stuff!

Hey, if you haven’t tried making Montreal Smoked Meat, please give it a try. More steps, but in the end actually easier than just a Brisket.

I use a Turkey Roaster for the final step of steaming. It’s crazy good, and much easier than you might think

View attachment 894862

I need to try this soon. Looks very good.

My neighbour is a drug addict and I’m about 15 feet from his open bedroom window but like you said I don’t really care. I like the neighbours on the other side so I always put my smoker near the drugged out side lol.

Put it on and snuck a pic. Definitely ain’t letting nobody touch the lid until I see a stall on the Meater app then she gets the wrap and back on guard duty.
My comment was just a joke. I sneak a peek/pic sometimes too. Send the pic to someone 4 hrs away and let them know it will be ready in 3....

timekeep

Apr 28, 2010
Thanks!!!!

View attachment 894877

View attachment 894886
A little late but is there any left?

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
One of my favourite comedians, with such a deadpan unique delivery. Just saw him last night in an episode of The Big Bang Theory, still funny even though I've watched it numerous times. RIP Bob.
The legendary Professor Proton!!! This is probably who many young people think of when they think of Newhart!

I loved the original Bob Newhart show, but Newhart was my favourite. What a great collection of characters including Larry, Daryl and Daryl.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Latvia vs Faroe Islands
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $225.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Albania vs Georgia
    Albania vs Georgia
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $472.00