5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
IMG_5409.jpeg

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Newhart was a great show. All time classic series finale.
One of the great episodes was when he had an unexpected guest on his book club show, Colonel Lloyd Meninger. One of the all time classic clips. Newhart didn't even have to speak at times, his facial expressions spoke a thousand words and laughter.

Brings back a lot of memories. Was a fun place back in the 60’s and 70’s.
Yup, so many great memories. I remember working night crew at Safeway and then going home and meeting at the pool with another guy on the crew and sleeping in the bleachers and sunning all day long, with the odd swim and checking out the babes.

ohheyhemsky

Regehr DooDoo
Nov 1, 2010
DT Cowtown
One of the great episodes was when he had an unexpected guest on his book club show, Colonel Lloyd Meninger. One of the all time classic clips. Newhart didn't even have to speak at times, his facial expressions spoke a thousand words and laughter.
He's up there with Rickles now. Amazing to know two polar opposites in their styles of their industry were the absolute best of friends. Silent stars of course, but Jack Benny really pushed the expression response, went to Newhart and Carson who mastered it and I'd say the only person these days who understands the straight man response is Conan O'Brien.

RIP to Newhart. Absolute king.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.

Here is an example of a little princess whose parents never said "No" to her along with having plenty of safe spaces and trigger warnings in college.

My intense dislike of flying is mostly due to being trapped in a sardine can with random others where you cannot get out. At least on a train you can deboard at next stop if the patrons are a problem. Or they can be deboarded. On long flights you are stuck.

Not sure how much this happens with other people but half the flights I've taken have involved long delays on the tarmac with passengers boarded, and stuck or delays in schedule. I'm not claustrophobic but I can't stand being trapped in these things.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
My intense dislike of flying is mostly due to being trapped in a sardine can with random others where you cannot get out. At least on a train you can deboard at next stop if the patrons are a problem. Or they can be deboarded. On long flights you are stuck.

Not sure how much this happens with other people but half the flights I've taken have involved long delays on the tarmac with passengers boarded, and stuck or delays in schedule. I'm not claustrophobic but I can't stand being trapped in these things.

Our flight home last week there were 2 people in front of us arrested at the arriving gate for being drunk and disorderly. People just dont know when to quit nowadays it seems. Coming out of Covid the flying has been a royal mess and we fly a lot. That said it has started to improve somewhat recently.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad