Olympics 2024

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Balde cuts inside and goes past three players to finally equalize for Guinea after and hour. He scored on his home club stadium in Nice, although he only played in few matches for them.

But goal is disallowed for offside in the build-up by Rennes 18-year old Diallo.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Anderlecht 's Diawara scores with a shot from outside of the box. Now score is really level.

Two of the Camaras enter for Guinea after the goal.

But Guinea defence collapses once again, and NZ retakes the lead just minutes later.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Latinos have a meme: how long will extra time run? Till Argentina draws...
I’d love to see some examples of this I really can’t remember a time when Argentina scored late in ET.

I guess it’s nice being Madrid of National teams….

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Playing the remaining minutes this late is a joke really. Rewarding supporters pitch invasion is really bad precedent. That ref team should never get to be involved in international match ever again. Also another reason to hate VAR.

Argentina should really leave the tournament. I wouldn't mind if UEFA and FIFA ditched the tournament altogether after these Olympics.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Really what was told that VAR will be used for when it was introduced, was really a blatant lie. Its' role needs to be massively reduced.

It's good that at least in some leagues (Sweden, Norway) the supporters are trying to keep VAR out from their competitions.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
I didn't realize that the Euro final ref Le Texier is also a ref in this tournament.

He sent a player off for Paraguay with straight red when Japan were ahead 1-0. Seems like the guy doesn't have much of a summer holiday this year.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Handball Maradona in 1986! Disallow it and order the players back on the pitch to finish the match from that moment on.

Ukraine takes the lead in the 2nd half, but Iraq strike back immediately from the spot. Lots of penalties awarded today.

Edit: 2-0 for Japan now, Mito with a pair.

Edit2: Iraq now with a surprising 2-1 lead while Japan lead 3-0 already.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Doue and Cherki start on the bench for France.

Surprising that Slonina is on the bench for USA. Why did they asked him to join the squad, if he is not going to play. He would be probably better off trying to find a club for next season and fight for a starting job in pre-season.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
Doue and Cherki start on the bench for France.

Surprising that Slonina is on the bench for USA. Why did they asked him to join the squad, if he is not going to play. He would be probably better off trying to find a club for next season and fight for a starting job in pre-season.

I think it's all but been officially announced he is joining Strasbourg on loan. I think he will start atleast one of the group games as well.

Reactions: gary69

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Israel ahead with an own goal by Mali defender, who tried to clear a rebound from keeper.

Mihailovic shot at the bar. I think it's time for France to introduce Cherki & Doue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad