Olli Määttä

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

irunthepeg

Board man gets paid
May 20, 2010
The Peg, Canada
:laugh: Not sure where else to post this but just saw last week's episode of NHL Revealed. Seeing Olli's mom after Finland's win over Russia was one of the most heartfelt and adorable things I've seen related to hockey. She looked so proud and he had that "stop it, mom!" look to him hahaha.

T1K

Jul 23, 2013
Pittsburgh
jq52et.jpg

"That's gold, Jerry! Gold!"

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
lets just say this... since the start off December he has .67 points per game in 33 game... in his last 20 its .75... last 10 its .8..... he is getting better by the minute

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
lets just say this... since the start off December he has .67 points per game in 33 game... in his last 20 its .75... last 10 its .8..... he is getting better by the minute

His confidence is just growing - Olympics showed that he was actually our best defenseman out there and winning the bronze...it sure is a thrill to watch him play.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
His confidence is just growing - Olympics showed that he was actually our best defenseman out there and winning the bronze...it sure is a thrill to watch him play.

And just think of where he'd be right now if Letang and Dumoulin weren't hurt in the beginning of October. :sarcasm:

Sotty

Nov 1, 2004
Westfalen

It is really funny what confidence can do to young players. Somebody should tell Bylsma.:sarcasm:
I guess we got lucky that so many defensemen got hurt or else DB would have found a way to ruin the development for Olli, but there is still time, right? :laugh:

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
It kind of makes you wonder where Despres would be at given more opportunity.

Between him, Maatta and Pouliot, we could have the best D in the league in a few years, if their development isn't ****ed up.

Anderson55

Jun 18, 2010
It is really funny what confidence can do to young players. Somebody should tell Bylsma.:sarcasm:
I guess we got lucky that so many defensemen got hurt or else DB would have found a way to ruin the development for Olli, but there is still time, right? :laugh:

Yup its Bylsma fault Depres isnt good enough :shakehead

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
I love that Ollie Maatta, but it's not a good sign for a team which is supposedly a Cup contender to have a 19 year old rookie dman as their best player. Earth to vets, step up your game!

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
I love that Ollie Maatta, but it's not a good sign for a team which is supposedly a Cup contender to have a 19 year old rookie dman as their best player. Earth to vets, step up your game!

Its OK Niskanen and martin are no slouch either, add despres and we have solid top 4 guys, Scudsand Orpik will be adequate when paired properly

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
Its OK Niskanen and martin are no slouch either, add despres and we have solid top 4 guys, Scudsand Orpik will be adequate when paired properly

I agree with Nisky, he's been our best dman this season. Scuds & Orpik worry me tho. Not playing up to expectations, especially Orpik.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Feb 23, 2014
You guys make Pens' game sound a lot like the movie Cars, where his namesake also stole the show and had to do lots of towing.

Not to give anyone any bright GDT ideas, but. ;)

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
I agree with Nisky, he's been our best dman this season. Scuds & Orpik worry me tho. Not playing up to expectations, especially Orpik.

Post-olympic break, Maatta's been our best by a mile. Nisky is having a career season for sure though.

roquay

Aug 9, 2012
Victoria

Scuds will be fine. He is still doing things you can tell he has the experience. Few brain farts but I think this D has so much pressure on them to get it up the ice as fast as possible.

We need everyone to have Maata's composure. Rarely makes a mistake. The kid gets danced around ocassionly but sometimes the best players will do that.

DoobeeDoobeeDoo

The Doobster
Jul 3, 2013
Scuds will be fine. He is still doing things you can tell he has the experience. Few brain farts but I think this D has so much pressure on them to get it up the ice as fast as possible.

We need everyone to have Maata's composure. Rarely makes a mistake. The kid gets danced around ocassionly but sometimes the best players will do that.

I still have confidence in Scuds. I'm worried about Orpik tho, it's not just brain farts with him it seems. I agree, all our dmen need to learn from Maatta, I'll take his dancing around over whatever the vets are doing out there LOL

Rectify

I HAVE A JOB!!
Oct 16, 2008
Around
Maatta has been so awesome this year, such a bright spot on such a terrible team. He deserves to get all the minutes he can, he has shown he can handle any situation.

Moebius

Aug 16, 2011
Don't worry guys, we'll sign Mark Eaton for that veteran bottom pair presence

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad