Prospect Info: Olivier Nadeau, RW (97th overall, 2021) - Signed to ELC

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Taking on Luneau and Warren in the Q playoffs as the Cataract face Gatineau.

He had a SHG and an assist in yesterday's 6-5 OT win. Can't get the Q site to open to find out if he had anything on Shawinigan's first two goals tonight. 2-1 midway through the third they are up on Gatineau.

Last edited:
Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I like how his game has evolved a bit over the course of the season. He gets inside and knows his game is around the net front. He's still solid along the wall and creating in traffic, but adding in some outright faceoff domination has been most welcome. For a stretch, Shawinigan was basically using him and one other player for all of their faceoffs and he was regularly ripping 60-75% out at the dot. He was sort of a hybrid center/RW for a time with Bourque out. And it worked.

He can still use additional speed/power in how he skates but we knew that when he was drafted. I've enjoyed watching what he can do and seeing how they are on to the third round of the Q playoffs is certainly nice.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I like how his game has evolved a bit over the course of the season. He gets inside and knows his game is around the net front. He's still solid along the wall and creating in traffic, but adding in some outright faceoff domination has been most welcome. For a stretch, Shawinigan was basically using him and one other player for all of their faceoffs and he was regularly ripping 60-75% out at the dot. He was sort of a hybrid center/RW for a time with Bourque out. And it worked.

He can still use additional speed/power in how he skates but we knew that when he was drafted. I've enjoyed watching what he can do and seeing how they are on to the third round of the Q playoffs is certainly nice.
Are we talking Brett Murray level speed issues?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Are we talking Brett Murray level speed issues?

No, he's not that slow. He doesn't have separation speed. Also more along the line of being average to a bit below - he sometimes has his feet planted instead of moving them toward the puck. I guess I would put him a couple slices above someone like Luke Adam?

Saggy

Apr 24, 2019
Very strong net front presence. Slow but smart…..coupled with the right linemates he will be fine. Currently has two Team Canada linemates and is doing just fine keeping up

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
No, he's not that slow. He doesn't have separation speed. Also more along the line of being average to a bit below - he sometimes has his feet planted instead of moving them toward the puck. I guess I would put him a couple slices above someone like Luke Adam?

That's, like, 33 Brad Browns.

Reactions: NotABadPeriod

UnleashRasmus

Rasmus has gone Super Saiyan VI!
Apr 15, 2012
Nashville Tennessee

Exactly, he started showing a lot more with the puck and away from the puck. I do think he's a great asset. Such a solid draft class!

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
He had a pile of quality chances tonight but didn't score. Shawinigan did win in OT to even the series at 1.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Shuffled off the top line today with Beaudoin taking his place with Bourque and Bourgoult. It's on TSN4 for those who have it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad