Player Discussion Oliver Kylington

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
Boo or don’t, who cares. If that’s how you get enjoyment out of the game than do it. I certainly didn’t think tkachuk or Gaudreau warranted them, don’t see why kylington does either. It was business, nothing personal. They gave yr of service to Calgary and moved on, that’s that.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I don't boo former players but I certainly don't get upset when others do. I understand other fans feelings of betrayal... especially when that betrayal comes after years of support and love. Life isn't just business. Loyalty is also an important component. I won't boo Kylington but as far as I'm concerned he's dead to me.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
It could be that this does result in a better long-term pay day for him yes. There is a lot of risk for him on a 1 year deal as well, though.

Firstly it isn't a given he will be an "every night" player in Colorado, and even if he is, he is going to need a much better showing than what he did in the 30 or so games he played this year. Anything resembling that will result in PTO/Europe territory.

A 2 year deal with the Flames (unknown AAV aside) carries the upside of being twice as long, and more importantly an essentially guaranteed spot in the top 4 every night.

It's hard to look at this outcome objectively and surmise this is the path of least risk.
Definitely not the lowest risk outcome for him, but I'm just saying that regardless of the odds, now is not the time to clown him. That will be in several months if/when he is no better than this past year.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Reasonable Oil Fan

NO KOOL AID PLEASE!!
Oct 7, 2022
In the Real World
Oh man!
I hope he doesnt get booed. This is a story that the flames handled with class from beginning to end. Made the organization look really good, even to rival fans. He moved on for whatever reason, however, it looks like a fresh start for him. Good on him. This has a chance to work out well for everyone involved.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad