Prospect Info: Oliver Kapanen, RHC, KalPa U20 (U20 SM-sarja), 64th Overall

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I doubt it would matter. It does apply to Mesar though. Unlikely Habs would trade him unless he is definitely not an NHL player and there is no room in Laval.
If by having Laine we have to resign Armia, maybe it's not a good deal. Laine can survive Armia gone, he will make new friends. If for each good player we have to keep a mediocre player, where are we going?

Kapanen the next Lehtonen? One could only hope...
A Lehtonen playing center.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
One thing i noticed about Kapanen is that he feels light. He seems to be lacking in the strenght department. Every other attributes scream NHLer.

I didn't find him light, I found him contact shy. As in, he probably doesn't expect how intense a puck battle can be in the NHL.

The intensity will ramp up in the first game, curious to see how he adapts.

Reactions: Jaynki

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I am not a fan of keeping this player in the NHL this year. I hope they send him back to Europe soon.
Go on, why not?

What's wrong with keeping him? I think he'll get good playing time soon enough. And if he shows in that playing time that he isn't ready, I think he can be sent back to Sweden at that time.

Harry Kakalovich

Like and reply
Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
I hope he's on PP2 when he's in the lineup.

Otherwise back to Finland if he's about to be used like Jake Evans.
I agree with you Skip. I fear a lost season playing on the 4th line and wasting development time. Should be playing top line minutes this year under Jokinen IMO, then bring him over for good next year. But hopefully the Habs know best on this one.

Zilo44

Jul 4, 2012
we did not ruin Suzuki and Slaf’s development by playing them on the 4th line.

I’d rather see Kapanen play in the NHL than see him dominate games in the SHL. Personally I have seen enough SHL heroes that don’t translate I’d rather see him work in the big league

Reactions: the valiant effort

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Will he stay the whole season? Can he go to Laval after 10-15 games, if he can't cut it?
I am very happy for the kid, but concerned about as time moves on, will he be able to keep going?
They do not play a lot of hockey with travel over in Europe.

Frankenheimer

Sir, this is an Arber
Feb 22, 2009
MTL
Very happy another draft pick has graduated to club. He went through long spells of little production in europe, so he's obviously capable of dealing with tough minutes, tough roles, and that will be a good learning experience for him, even if he doesn't produce many points. He might become a point producer in 2-3 years or more, we hopefully learned our lesson with Lehks (who never had an effort problem).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad