Prospect Info: Oliver Kapanen, RHC, KalPa U20 (U20 SM-sarja), 64th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
I’ve been begging and hoping to see Dvo removed from this roster for 2 years now. I swear, if they keep him over Kapanen just because he’s a “veteran” and has a useless overpaid contract…

Plays die on his stick. He brings nothing to the team.
Everytime Kapanen was on the ice, he was making things happen. This is a no brainer.

Bury Dvo in the AHL and forget about him. Doubt anyone even claims him.

Even if Kapanen makes the team, Dvorak isn't going anywhere. He will be the 13th forward at worst.

Reactions: Vachon23

BJCOLLINS

Jul 7, 2003
Pirate Satellite
As the quality of our prospect pool rises the more difficult HuGo’s decision making becomes. Great teams work within a meritocracy that pushes them to clearly understand who “deserves“ to play alongside them. When the season begins I suspect we’ll have disappointed fans who will have to be patient with HuGo, the waiver wire, contracts & salary cap. It will have to enough, when we see players in Laval, to trust the long game. It’s early but wow, Davidson, Kapanen, Roy, Beck, Hutson, Reinbacher, Mailloux are knocking at the door and we all know that 6 F and 4 D are locks. What a welcome problem to have, lol.
Cheers.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
I’ve been begging and hoping to see Dvo removed from this roster for 2 years now. I swear, if they keep him over Kapanen just because he’s a “veteran” and has a useless overpaid contract…

Plays die on his stick. He brings nothing to the team.
Everytime Kapanen was on the ice, he was making things happen. This is a no brainer.

Bury Dvo in the AHL and forget about him. Doubt anyone even claims him.
I'm not the biggest Dvorak fan but I bet you'd be surprised what he'd get at the trade deadline though.

GMs always get horny for that kind of player at the deadline, he can kill penalties, win faceoffs and has some limited offensive ability.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I'm not the biggest Dvorak fan but I bet you'd be surprised what he'd get at the trade deadline though.

GMs always get horny for that kind of player at the deadline, he can kill penalties, win faceoffs and has some limited offensive ability.

There's not a litany of these guys out there when you need depth to get through the attrition of the playoffs.

I hate Dvorak and the trade, it was horrendous.. but the guy has value in the NHL. Just nothing close to what Bergevin paid for him because he let the Canes pants him.

Reactions: 417 and Andy

Egresch

Jul 10, 2022
Ladies and gentlemen,
this kid barely made top10 of our prospect list.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There's not a litany of these guys out there when you need depth to get through the attrition of the playoffs.

I hate Dvorak and the trade, it was horrendous.. but the guy has value in the NHL. Just nothing close to what Bergevin paid for him because he let the Canes pants him.
Agreed...just knowing how Hughes views assets, I don't think they're going to toss aside Dvorak to make room for Kapanen, not quite yet.

But there's no reason why Kapanen can't make the team as sa 13th or 14th forward and then see how things play out.

Reactions: tazsub3

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
As the quality of our prospect pool rises the more difficult HuGo’s decision making becomes. Great teams work within a meritocracy that pushes them to clearly understand who “deserves“ to play alongside them. When the season begins I suspect we’ll have disappointed fans who will have to be patient with HuGo, the waiver wire, contracts & salary cap. It will have to enough, when we see players in Laval, to trust the long game. It’s early but wow, Davidson, Kapanen, Roy, Beck, Hutson, Reinbacher, Mailloux are knocking at the door and we all know that 6 F and 4 D are locks. What a welcome problem to have, lol.
Cheers.
Heineman too.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Ladies and gentlemen,
Lack of view from him since he played
In Europe. I’m the first to admit that I underestimated him

Beaker

In My Lab Goggles
Jun 4, 2007
In The Lab.
Ladies and gentlemen,

A lot of depth right now. That top 9 is good.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
Agreed...just knowing how Hughes views assets, I don't think they're going to toss aside Dvorak to make room for Kapanen, not quite yet.

But there's no reason why Kapanen can't make the team as sa 13th or 14th forward and then see how things play out.
If KH remains contant with his assets management he'll try to get the most he can for Dvorak and Armia but imo he'll want to create room for next season so they're gone imo but if the value is better at the TDL KH will wait the TDL. If there's not enough vets after trading then KH can always recall ABB like he did with Belzile 2 years ago,

Erika

Jan 9, 2007
Gatineau
Please make room for him. He was absolutely dominant out there. That spin in the offensive zone to set up the play yesterday on barre boulet goal was a thing of beauty. Showed great puck control, patience, hockey IQ and playmaking ability. It was amazing to watch. Reminds me of a Vincent Trocheck kind of player. 2nd line center in the making imo. :teach:

Reactions: overlords

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
If KH remains contant with his assets management he'll try to get the most he can for Dvorak and Armia but imo he'll want to create room for next season so they're gone imo but if the value is better at the TDL KH will wait the TDL. If there's not enough vets after trading then KH can always recall ABB like he did with Belzile 2 years ago,

It would be interesting for to see what Hughes would do if were were in the playoff hunt and Dvo and Armia were playing well, and had high value (2nd round picks). I would definitely trade them, along with Savard. No room for them next year. I'd finish off the playoff push with Beck, ABB, Heineman, and Mailloux in their places, or try to get cheap vets at the TDL. Next year Kapanen, Demidov, and probably Heineman and Beck will need spots.

As for right now, there's room for Kapanen on the roster. But someone will have to be 13th forward that isn't used to that role.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Where gonna have injuries, so we do need 13 forward
Yes, it's just a matter of whether Hughes wants to start Kapanen or a vet in the pressbox, or send Roy to Laval.

Hughes already let it be known at the golf tournament that he might not trade the UFAs.
Interesting. I missed that quote. Well, Kapanen's camp, even if he doesn't make the time, may influence Hughes's trade deadline decisions.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
It would be interesting for to see what Hughes would do if were were in the playoff hunt and Dvo and Armia were playing well, and had high value (2nd round picks). I would definitely trade them, along with Savard. No room for them next year. I'd finish off the playoff push with Beck, ABB, Heineman, and Mailloux in their places, or try to get cheap vets at the TDL. Next year Kapanen, Demidov, and probably Heineman and Beck will need spots.

As for right now, there's room for Kapanen on the roster. But someone will have to be 13th forward that isn't used to that role.
I think if we are in the playoffs it will be because those vet forwards were push aside by kids. Dvorak and Armia can help fill a hole in a strong cup contending lineup and at the deadline they should be cheap enough to replace an injured player but i don't think those guys make the difference between a playoffs participation or not for us.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think if we are in the playoffs it will be because those vets were push aside by kids. Dvorak and Armia can help fill a hole in a strong cup contending lineup and at the deadline they should be cheap enough to be useful to replace an injured player but i don't think those guys make the difference between a playoffs participation or not.

Armia put up 17 goals in spite of not playing well at first. Dvo scored at a pace of 48 points per 82 games his first year. We'll see how they're playing.

But I never liked Dvo at c. I don't expect him to wow at C.

BaBeLuLu

Sep 24, 2024
From Olivers and Montreals viewpoint half more year in Sweden will do good. He gets to play for Jokinen and lots of ice time in top6, Including PP.. You guys are not in the push mode yet, so just get some value at trade deadline before call him back.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad