Prospect Info: Oliver Kapanen, RHC, KalPa U20 (U20 SM-sarja), 64th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I dont think he can be better than Dvorak this season so let him developpe in Sweden another season he's got something amazing going on there.

Reactions: themilosh

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
He's had a big preseason so far stats wise. Going from 50th OA in points in Liiga last year to the top player in the SHL would be one heck of a leap in his development.
You don't believe he stand a chance to start his NHL career this season? Also, what his stats line so far in the preseason?

Thank you!

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
This kid is about to steal a spot, force the GM's hand. Personally a year playing in all situations as a 1st line center in the SHL under Jokinen's tutelage is where he probably should be.
Is Laval an option if he falls short in camp? Or does he have to go back over?

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
This kid is about to steal a spot, force the GM's hand. Personally a year playing in all situations as a 1st line center in the SHL under Jokinen's tutelage is where he probably should be.

It's too early to predict even 1 or 2 years down the line. But I'm liking that the botton six is starting to feel like the LD position - a lot of good young candidates, and they actually all might make it.

If the top 6 (Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Dach, Demidov, Laine) stay together (which is a big if in a salary cap world), we have a lot of good candidates for the bottom 6:

Hage
Newhook
Roy
Beck
Kapanen
F. Xhekaj
Heineman
Evan's
Pez
Farrell
Mesar
Tuch
Davidson
Koivu
Eriksson
RHP
Simoneau
Kidney
Etc...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He expects Kapanen to make the team. Will take a great camp I imagine.
If he makes the team, do they start him at the wing or move Evans or Dvo before season starts?

Feel like this situation will be more and more common as rookies start to replace vets when they earn spots on the team. Great problem to have.

Reactions: Farmboy Patty

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
It's too early to predict even 1 or 2 years down the line. But I'm liking that the botton six is starting to feel like the LD position - a lot of good young candidates, and they actually all might make it.

If the top 6 (Suzuki, Caufield, Slaf, Dach, Demidov, Laine) stay together (which is a big if in a salary cap world), we have a lot of good candidates for the bottom 6:

Hage
Newhook
Roy
Beck
Kapanen
F. Xhekaj
Heineman
Evan's
Pez
Farrell
Mesar
Tuch
Davidson
Koivu
Eriksson
RHP
Simoneau
Kidney
Etc...

This is what "build via the draft" actually looks like.

MTL Dirty Birdy

Aug 29, 2021
I don't agree, but you can certainly make an argument for that. Kapanen has a lot going for him.
As a general rule for me- if two prospects are close in value in terms of what they bring, the one that played pro sits ahead. It’s comparing apples and oranges. I like Beck a lot, but he’s hasn’t played a pro season Kapanen has played two already

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
As a general rule for me- if two prospects are close in value in terms of what they bring, the one that played pro sits ahead. It’s comparing apples and oranges. I like Beck a lot, but he’s hasn’t played a pro season Kapanen has played two already

I have Beck and Kapanen as being very close and I do agree that Kapanen has proven more at a higher level so that may give him the edge in a ranking scenario.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad