SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
""

""

Say what now?

I'm going to have to put away my Leafs bias here because those are two different plays.

OEL I'm not seeing a puck, Pasta/JT therer is a puck that Pasta gets to first, and JT protects his head with his forearm.

A fine seems fair.

barilko05

People...they're the worst!
Jan 28, 2011
I'm going to have to put away my Leafs bias here because those are two different plays.

OEL I'm not seeing a puck, Pasta/JT therer is a puck that Pasta gets to first, and JT protects his head with his forearm.

A fine seems fair.
Where are you not seeing it? Its right at OEL's feet along the boards. Comes out right as he's laying the (clean) check.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
It's sad how accustomed I am to DOPS inconsistency and the Leafs.
Yeah, but let's give Parros a bit of leaway here you know?

I mean I of all people, you know, random internet poster somehow missed seeing the puck in a grainy twitter post,

Maybe Parros did too! Surely he wouldn't have taken the time to watch a higher quality recording and maybe even get opinions from the people he works with?

Oh wait, that's his job and he gets paid (probably more than the majority of us make) to do that job professionaly?

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
Lol. DOPS somehow manages to be as unpredictable as possible, yet still so predictably bad when it comes to the Leafs.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Fine makes sense, consistency of application is an ongoing issue. That Jeffler tweet is pretty spot on

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I've no issue with that being something that draws supplementary discipline. Dangerous play and made no attempt on the puck while Guentzel never touched it or had possession. That is a play I'm fine with getting rid of.

The issue for me is consistency. I want you to pick up all of this type of stuff, but they won't. They'll pick and choose, and if you're a star, you will get more leniency. I don't get why they can't just be more consistent and/or have more of a structure to their offenses and how they escalate.

They have to ban the reverse hit then.

It is interference if the player doesn't have the puck and it happens frequently.

Consistency? They are consistently punishing the Leafs. So there's that.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
I don't like it. I don't want OEL to stop being nasty/aggressive/feisty. We go a long time without any leaf pushing the boundaries, and now they come down on the 1st one.

Reactions: Da Cool Rula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad