Confirmed with Link: Okposo traded to FLA for Calle Sjalin and conditional 2024 7th (Pick 161, 5th Round)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
Looks like Kyle burned the bridge and wont be involved with the Sabres at all. Officially listed his house.

Also trying to make 800k on it. Good luck buddy, no one wants these million dollar houses with 25k property taxes.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Looks like Kyle burned the bridge and wont be involved with the Sabres at all. Officially listed his house.

Also trying to make 800k on it. Good luck buddy, no one wants these million dollar houses with 25k property taxes.
"Burned the bridge?"

He's moving back to his native Minnesota to enjoy retirement. Maybe there will be something in the future with the Sabres or another franchise, but I'm not sure why anyone thought he'd immediately get absorbed into our FO.

And "trying to make 800k on it" weirdly makes it sound like he's robbing WNY or something? The value of the dollar and of housing have changed significantly since 2016. Prices in his new MN neighborhood ain't what they were eight years ago either...

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY

The asking price is $60k below the Zestimate. And as far as pricing goes, houses in that neighborhood don't turn over a ton.

And I will not be shocked if Okposo sells to someone who is new to the Sabres or Bills.

Reactions: BUCKSHOT

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
The asking price is $60k below the Zestimate. And as far as pricing goes, houses in that neighborhood don't turn over a ton.

And I will not be shocked if Okposo sells to someone who is new to the Sabres or Bills.

There are pretty much at all times 2-3 houses in Spaulding Lake for sale (currently 4 others right now). The usually struggle to sell.

Zestimate is a lie. No Bills players live close to Clarence. Sabres players less and less live in Clarence.

The house has zero back yard and no pool. I will go on record and say that he doesn't get 1.8 million for the house.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010

LOL. Wow, are house prices cheap in Buffalo. The Sabres should waive this house in front of every player with a NMC that lists Buffalo. This house would cost you $5M plus probably more in one of Toronto's best neighbourhoods in midtown. And the $25 K in property taxes would be pretty low.

Reactions: Jacob582

BloFan4Life

Jul 8, 2009
NY
LOL. Wow, are house prices cheap in Buffalo. The Sabres should waive this house in front of every player with a NMC that lists Buffalo. This house would cost you $5M plus probably more in one of Toronto's best neighbourhoods in midtown. And the $25 K in property taxes would be pretty low.

Is there anything more nauseating than people comparing home prices between "cities"?

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Is there anything more nauseating than people comparing home prices between "cities"?
Why?

The reduced cost of living in and around Buffalo is an advantage over a lot of NHL cities and players do enjoy that part of being in Buffalo.

Craig Rivet talked about it with his move from San Jose to Buffalo. And it is a big factor in why so many former NHLers live in Buffalo after retirement even if they are not from the area.

And you have a guy like Marcel Dionne that lives locally who never even played for the Sabres.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sounds like he's moving back to Minnesota. I don't see him being mentioned as a possible front office guy in Buffalo anywhere either.

Yeah, he said that almost a month ago.

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
Why?

The reduced cost of living in and around Buffalo is an advantage over a lot of NHL cities and players do enjoy that part of being in Buffalo.

Craig Rivet talked about it with his move from San Jose to Buffalo. And it is a big factor in why so many former NHLers live in Buffalo after retirement even if they are not from the area.

And you have a guy like Marcel Dionne that lives locally who never even played for the Sabres.
Exactly. It's not nauseating. Young people are sick of Toronto. It sucks to live here and be under 30. You live at home with your parents forever. Your parents can't downsize because it's too expensive to move.

Instead of seeing it as a negative, people (and hockey players obviously exist in a different stratosphere) are starting to consider the cost of living before making decisions about cities. It isn't some trivial thing. Even if you make $2 M/year as a third-line NHLer, in some NHL cities, that is not going to land you in a palatial home. Sure, you are not homeless, but you don't live in serious luxury, netting $1 M+ annually after taxes.

People are always dumping on Buffalo, but the city has some great restaurants, a little bit of theatre, some cool museums and other attractions, a fun AAA team and two pro sports teams (well, one, if we don't count the Sabres as professional, LOL).

Personally, I hate winter, but some people really lean into winter with cross-country skiing (there must be a place to do that locally), and outdoor skating.

Sure, Evander Kane types want to wander the streets of Vegas burning 50s, but there are hockey players who would like a stable environment to raise a family. Buffalo has that. I see places like Wegman's that has the best premium stuff.

I don't live in Buffalo, so I see it with outside eyes, but for me, it looks like a decent quality of life.

(I will say the transit options look sucky, so you need a car.)

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
There are pretty much at all times 2-3 houses in Spaulding Lake for sale (currently 4 others right now). The usually struggle to sell.

Zestimate is a lie. No Bills players live close to Clarence. Sabres players less and less live in Clarence.

The house has zero back yard and no pool. I will go on record and say that he doesn't get 1.8 million for the house.
The place is cluttered. If you plan on staying/live in a place for long you should do whatever you want but that's not how I would do it if I planned to move.
Looks ok for a hockey player though.

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
I rather have a bigger garden then 7 bedrooms, seems like quite a generic design and not enough property size for that huge house.

Reactions: HaNotsri

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad