Confirmed with Link: Okposo traded to FLA for Calle Sjalin and conditional 2024 7th (Pick 161, 5th Round)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HogtownSabresfan

Jan 13, 2010
For me it's Dahlin

I'm 100% on board for Dahlin. He is their best player, to me. But it's not about just that. He has the passion, he's fearless and already a leader. But it's the Sabres. They will probably make Benson captain or something stupid. LOL

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
This was our last real captain.
View attachment 886995
For me: (Both)

1719341055494.png

Reactions: debaser66

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm 100% on board for Dahlin. He is their best player, to me. But it's not about just that. He has the passion, he's fearless and already a leader. But it's the Sabres. They will probably make Benson captain or something stupid. LOL
Not Benson, they'll bring Zemgus back, make him captain, and then trade him to the TDL, say Dallas, and Dallas will win the cup. Rinse and repeat.

Reactions: Moncton man

sabremike

#1 Tageaholic
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY

His failure to be the adult in the room when our roster of dumb kids decided to throw their passive aggressive tantrum did so much to wreck how me and many others view him. He needed to be the vet and tell them they were being very foolish and that going to war with the fans (who they had failed miserably and had every right to be furious) was a battle they weren't going to win and he failed. It's sad because everything else about him was so positive (coming back from nearly dying to be a productive NHL player) but that pivotal moment just sours things so much.

jcbeze

Dec 27, 2005
Why would he not do this for the Sabres media team so more people can see it? Strange move going to the News

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Class.

Class is apparently being a team leader of a team that quit multiple times. Getting traded to a cup champion. Being an also played member of that team. Then mentioning how it just tears him up inside that he sat by and watched his team not win it here in Buffalo.

What a classy gentleman that Kyle is.

• Haha
Reactions: rams and Jeremy2020

DapperCam

Jul 9, 2006
Class.

Class is apparently being a team leader of a team that quit multiple times. Getting traded to a cup champion. Being an also played member of that team. Then mentioning how it just tears him up inside that he sat by and watched his team not win it here in Buffalo.

What a classy gentleman that Kyle is.

I don't think he was a very good captain HOWEVER, he did play through some god awful hockey (mostly not his fault) without complaining or half-assing it out there. I believe for the most part he always played to the best of his ability, was a good teammate, and was actually classy with the fans. The same can't be said for a lot of his teammates during that time.

He just got promoted a little bit above his ability due to seniority. Happens in corporate America all the time. I wish Kyle the best, and I have zero issue if he stays in the org.

Reactions: Jeremy2020

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
I don't think he was a very good captain HOWEVER, he did play through some god awful hockey (mostly not his fault) without complaining or half-assing it out there. I believe for the most part he always played to the best of his ability, was a good teammate, and was actually classy with the fans. The same can't be said for a lot of his teammates during that time.

He just got promoted a little bit above his ability due to seniority. Happens in corporate America all the time. I wish Kyle the best, and I have zero issue if he stays in the org.
why complain

cash your checks as a .001 percenter and wait for your impotent gm to make your dreams come true

welcome to being a good soldier

So kyle has to wait an extra day while his trophy flys out of stl and you get another year of losing.

Good for you captain Kyle.

paulmm3

Mar 29, 2014
Nice guy, good guy, would get a beer with him, lousy captain. We might have snuck into the playoffs last year if the Granato-Okposo Nice Guy Incorporated locker room leadership team didn't let the guys sleep walk through the first 3 months of the season.

Reactions: Fearnot

michaelsaas

Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Beaumont, TX
Nice guy, good guy, would get a beer with him, lousy captain. We might have snuck into the playoffs last year if the Granato-Okposo Nice Guy Incorporated locker room leadership team didn't let the guys sleep walk through the first 3 months of the season.
Sure but let's save some of that energy for the core players and supposed future leaders who are still on the team and slept walk through the first 3 months of the season.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Sounds like he's moving back to Minnesota. I don't see him being mentioned as a possible front office guy in Buffalo anywhere either.

"...I brought it to Cottagewood, which is the area I’m going live in in Minnesota, and there were so many kids running around there. It was just awesome. "

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Sounds like he's moving back to Minnesota. I don't see him being mentioned as a possible front office guy in Buffalo anywhere either.

I think the organization given Okposo plenty of money - I'm good with him being away from the franchise for awhile. Even if I do like Okposo.

Reactions: jc17

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad