GDT: Okay, so we won a game. Big whoop

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Is it a problem that I like both teams playing tonight? CAR shooting % will rebound at 5v5 as they are 20 goals below expected on the year. Just need to start finding the roof and PIT's goalies have been pretty terrible to date.
When the other team is Shittsburgh, it is 100% a problem...and we shall settle this at the nearest Bo'hangl'es
I'm bored just reading this.
...it's called game prep, you are now ready for Canes hockey

Reactions: Surrounded By Ahos

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
On Martinook: so maybe The Borg is a little better at evaluating this hockey stuff than us keyboard jockeys?

1) yes, they are.

2) two things can be true at once. Martinook can be playing very well this year and also have been very bad the last few years.

Another thing The Borg has that we don't is context. We see a guy who's toast and useless. They may see a guy with injuries that they can actually specify, diagnose, understand, etc.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
1) yes, they are.

2) two things can be true at once. Martinook can be playing very well this year and also have been very bad the last few years.

Another thing The Borg has that we don't is context. We see a guy who's toast and useless. They may see a guy with injuries that they can actually specify, diagnose, understand, etc.
3. Marty could just now be 100%. All of his sports hernia stuff.

Reactions: Anton Dubinchuk

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Yeah, the Koochie, Cole, Abby stuff needs to be done with. It's the first time in 3 years we've been able to say anything remotely positive about Martinook though, but I regret posting that as well.
Koochie is never going away, you'll have to live with it. Agree on Abby/Cole, that is played out

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
3. Marty could just now be 100%. All of his sports hernia stuff.
Hard to train through a hernia.

1669758404723.gif

• Haha
Reactions: Stickpucker

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Martinook is playing well, but he's also in a less noticeable position in the lineup. Bottom 6er on the Top Line is low hanging fruit as far as fan complaints go. He'll go back to be a whipping boy as soon as he's back there.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
I wasn't talking about the nickname, I was referring to the middle school jokes about the name. To each, their own though. Doesn't bother me if people want to continue with that.
yeah the jokes about the nickname aren't going away either... none of it bothers me but especially the Cole/Abby stuff just isn't funny to me. Maybe at first but not anymore.

Reactions: jstaal

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
yeah the jokes about the nickname aren't going away either... none of it bothers me but especially the Cole/Abby stuff just isn't funny to me. Maybe at first but not anymore.

I didn't say they were going away, I said they should. Like I said, it doesn't bother me but like anything else, once you hear it 100 times, it's not clever or funny.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad