GDT: Okay, so we won a game. Big whoop

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
We still can't score 5-on-5, and much of our top players have completely disappeared for the past few games. Jarvis just got his 4th goal, putting him in a tie for 4th on the team with Martinook and Staal. Not ideal.

Now we're facing the Penguins, and Sidney Crosby, who apparently doesn't age. I'm starting to think "The Kid" is less of a nickname and instead some of kind of "Witch in the forest" curse.

Game is at 7:00.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
We still can't score 5-on-5, and much of our top players have completely disappeared for the past few games. Jarvis just got his 4th goal, putting him in a tie for 4th on the team with Martinook and Staal. Not ideal.

Now we're facing the Penguins, and Sidney Crosby, who apparently doesn't age. I'm starting to think "The Kid" is less of a nickname and instead some of kind of "Witch in the forest" curse.

He still acts like a baby, so it checks out

Please don't suck the life out of hockey spirits tonight boys, get some even strength goals finally...beat they @$$

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
giphy.gif

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Is it a problem that I like both teams playing tonight? CAR shooting % will rebound at 5v5 as they are 20 goals below expected on the year. Just need to start finding the roof and PIT's goalies have been pretty terrible to date.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Well, we score the 10th least Goals/60 at 5v5 in the NHL, but on the flip side, we give up the 7th least Goals/60 at 5v5 so we're 12th in the NHL for GF% 5v5.

Conclusion: We play boring hockey.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast

Don't look at the xgf scatter chart for the league. But if you do, just know that it's only going to get better..... Or something

Reactions: tarheelhockey

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
We have one 5-on-5 goal in our last 3 games.

Conclusion: That's not good.

I never said, nor indicated that 10th best in the NHL was good but a 3 game sample size isn't noteworthy to me.

The prior 3 games to that they had zero PP goals.

Nobody is denying that their goal scoring is a problem.

The last time this team scored more than 3 goals in a game was 11/10, and it took us playing the Oilers to make that happen.

It's either the PP or 5v5 going dry, every night.

Yep. But in those 9 games from the Oilers through the Flames, they miraculously got 10/18 points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad