Oilers Win the Draft Lottery

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYRcupboundyessir*

Teams shouldn't get 4 1st overalls in 6 years. Under any circumstance

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Poor kid is gonna have his career ruined.

Yup. Oilers fans penciling in multiple hundred point seasons and all their problems fixed when in reality McDavid isn't going to develop into the player he's projected to because they're so horribly mismanaged. Zero vets in place to teach the kid to be a pro.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Unbelievable. Edmonton is going to be the marquee team to watch in the league. I surely will be tuning in. And anyone saying rigged, why exactly would the nhl go to those lengths to do that?

Yeah I highly doubt they'll be the marquee team to watch in the league.

They have less than no idea how to build a competent team.

LastRide

Feb 18, 2008
Ok, who are the Oilers going to flip. I don't think they keep everybody. Deal one of their talents for a defenceman.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
The worst possible situation for:

The NHL
Connor McDavid and his family
The Coyotes
The Sabres
NHL fans

Another top prospect will go to Edmonton to die. Really wanted one of the two teams who needed him to actually get it.

What a terrible day for the NHL.

fasterthanlight

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 30, 2009
Seattle, WA
Good to know mcdavid will be in division :/ Feel awful for BUF and ARI. I think it's understandable that folks might be upset at Edmonton. Oilers have very few excuses now.

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
eGFFO7p.gif

Oh baby

TheHockeyRant

Apr 19, 2014
Reno, NV
The Oilers don't deserve it, after drafting so many top ten picks and doing so poorly they don't deserve this.

Also, I think we ALL know Yakupov is about to be traded.

Apathetic

Oct 29, 2010
Downtown
How the hell do Katz and MacT get rewarded? Oiler fans, I get you guys are likely shaking right now, but the fact that such rank incompetence gets this type of reward makes me ill.

I can say as an Oilers fan I have discussed it with friends on how it would be disgusting if we won only because it may reward MacT and KLowe's incompetence. It's honestly a bittersweet feeling, I would feel a lot better if we cleaned house and brought in a new GM to go with McDavid.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
get your parting shots in while you can

McDavid will be surrounded by great young talent. He'll be just fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad