Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Victor?

• Total voters

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
3 series finished after ours, and 2 series finished after Vancouver's. Both series' winners will have started their series before Edmonton and Vancouver and one of them may be finished their 2nd game before Edmonton and Vancouver.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
This schedulling is absurd. Other teams will have game 2 completed 24 hours before our 2nd round starts.
They had options for a Sunday/Tuesday start but putting my tinfoil hat on, the league would rather the winner of the all Canadian matchup have the shortest turnaround time heading into round 3.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010

Did anyone catch what happened to Henrique? The Sportsnet broadcast totally missed it and didn't even mention when he left the game

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011

Did anyone catch what happened to Henrique? The Sportsnet broadcast totally missed it and didn't even mention when he left the game

Janmark in Top 6?!?

Didn’t catch it, do we know what play it happened on? I’d look it up

oljimmy

May 9, 2013
Watching all the other series, I can't stop thinking about goaltending. Bare minimum 5 goalies still remain in this round who have shown, over long strateches, they they can utterly dominate. They turn into walls. I love stewie, and I think he can play .910 hockey and take us a long way. But he has never been a wall like so many other goalies remaining. The Oilers will have to be at 55%+ XGF every night, which they can do, but it's a hell of a hill to climb against these remaining teams. Go Oilers!!

K1984

Feb 7, 2008

I feel like they wouldn't be playing Janmark on the top line if Henrique was truly ruled out.

I'd play Holloway there as first option. Move Foegele to the 3rd, play Janmark where he excels on the 4th, and bring Brown in for 4RW.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
I feel like they wouldn't be playing Janmark on the top line if Henrique was truly ruled out.

I'd play Holloway there as first option. Move Foegele to the 3rd, play Janmark where he excels on the 4th, and bring Brown in for 4RW.
Yep. Janmark is there to not damage chemistry as much as possible.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005

that is the ideal set up if henrique is out, completely agree

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
It’s gonna be excuse central in Canucks land no matter what happens.

Refs, injuries, or the losers favourite “we weren’t even supposed to be here”

It's comical how they're pre-baking the excuses. They're a bunch of overgrown children. The level of emotional and intellectual maturity from Nuck fans is appallingly low.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad