Pre-Game Talk: Oilers vs. Canucks - time to make Vancouver rainier than usual

Victor?

• Total voters

Broberg Speed

Oct 23, 2020
We shit on the Flames all the time and won.

We don’t shit on the Avs or Knights enough, and we lost.

Get out of here with your karma bullshit narrative. Literally trying to blame any eventual Oilers loss on the fans. Hmm why would an Oilers fan try to make other Oilers fans feel guilty and shitty ? Hmmmmmmm

this is bad luck, bad luck personified

I want nothing to do with that entering a new playoff series

Lol Toronto fans have been completely up our ass for years. Laughing at our failures and saying McDavid is coming home.

I have no beef with Jets fans and not nearly as much beef with Canuck fans as they have with us though.

so what? take control, show a little discipline, the above sounds like they own you

if it bothers you so much stop reading their posts

We shit on the Flames all the time and won.

We don’t shit on the Avs or Knights enough, and we lost.

Get out of here with your karma bullshit narrative. Literally trying to blame any eventual Oilers loss on the fans. Hmm why would an Oilers fan try to make other Oilers fans feel guilty and shitty ? Hmmmmmmm

get out of here with the bad karma... it affects not just yourself

this is how you make a difference, by making people feel terrible about their lot?

There is no causality.

if you believe that there is nothing wrong with being polite and showing sportsmanship

do unto others as you would have them do unto you

We celebrate when Toronto, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg etc are eliminated because we know they'd celebrate if we were eliminated.

big deal

why not have the reputation of being the best fanbase for a change

just don't be horrible for a day, maybe it'll take. I see you post during the gdt and you always seem like the least happy person on the planet, win or lose

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
so what? take control, show a little discipline, the above sounds like they own you

Lol what are you talking about “posts”. I don’t pay attention to other teams on here. I go to Ontario multiple times a year and have to hear it in person. I actually leave again this week and it will be glorious.

What does discipline have to do with anything?

Last edited:

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017

this is how you make a difference, by making people feel terrible about their lot?

if you believe that there is nothing wrong with being polite and showing sportsmanship

big deal

just don't be horrible for a day, maybe it'll take. I see you post during the gdt and you always seem like the least happy person on the planet, win or lose
Is that why most of your posts are negative towards the Oilers? In the hopes the universe will make something positive happen to the team?

Pavel10

Nov 10, 2023
I hope we get some bulletin board material of the Canuck fans being vulgar as hell. Just saw a literal video of a boy about 9 years old in saying Nashville can suck his D!ck and f*** Hyman. Kid was literally about 9 being cheered on by a bunch of cavemen adults.

No wonder these sick people cannot have a watch party.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
I hope we get some bulletin board material of the Canuck fans being vulgar as hell. Just saw a literal video of a boy about 9 years old in saying Nashville can suck his D!ck and f*** Hyman. Kid was literally about 9 being cheered on by a bunch of cavemen adults.

No wonder these sick people cannot have a watch party.
The players dont give a shit about what opposing fans think and nor should they IMO.

I also tend not to get into these pissing matches about which fan base is better.
Its a BS argument IMO because there are shitty fans in every market.

Its not unreasonable for there to be more shitty fans in a bigger market either. Vancouver is about 3 times the size of Edmonton so I would guess that there will be 3 times as many shitty fans.

That includes pseudo fans as I like to call them. Fans who wear the colors of a team but just use that as an excuse to do shit.

I am not for a moment suggesting that we stop disliking another fan base (and stop pointing out the stupid shit they do) but the our fanbase is better than your fanbase arguments are just silly IMO.

Last edited:

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Phase 4 HMV
Well at least I can say Queen Hughes in this forum. Whew.
Don't need sensitive Canuck fans breathing down my neck every time I offend their midget d-man.

• Love
Reactions: Drivesaitl

Shanahanigans

Jun 16, 2011
I have to say, the number of Canuck fans droning on about reffing and power plays before the series has even started is downright pathetic. I’m truly astonished.

Even Flames fans weren’t whining this early.
The speed in which they went from "we're the best team in the Pacific, nobody and not especially the Oilers are a match for us" to "we're a small little underdog team who wasn't supposed to be here and the Oilers are going to get favourable calls and it's not fair" is astonishing.

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
I grew up in Stratford Ontario and was a Leafs fan. I got tired of them losing so I stopped watching hockey. Years later starting hearing about this kid by the name of Gretzky and had to follow him. I was living in Alberta at that time so it was fitting to cheer for the good guys, Messier, Anderson, Coffey, Kurri, Fuhr, Gretzky, Moog, Lowe and the rest of the gang. The DoD sucked it reminded me of the Leafs but better a DoD then a 1/2 a century.

I can proudly say I've fated the TML as long as I've been alive.
But I hope you'll forgive me for beings a Habs fan until Edmonton was born

RegDunlop

Nov 5, 2016
Edmonton
From ESPN staff writers..

Sean Allen: Oilers in five
John Buccigross: Oilers in six
Ryan Callahan: Oilers in five
Cassie Campbell-Pascall: Oilers in six
Sachin Chandan: Oilers in five
Ryan S. Clark: Canucks in seven
Linda Cohn: Oilers in seven
Ray Ferraro: Oilers in six
Leah Hextall: Oilers in six
Emily Kaplan: Oilers in six
Tim Kavanagh: Oilers in five
Hilary Knight: Oilers in seven
Peter Lawrence-Riddell: Oilers in six
Steve Levy: Oilers in five
Vince Masi: Oilers in six
Victoria Matiash: Oilers in five
Sean McDonough: Oilers in six
Mark Messier: Oilers in six
AJ Mleczko: Oilers in five
Arda Öcal: Oilers in five
Kristen Shilton: Oilers in six
Bob Wischusen: Oilers in seven
Greg Wyshynski: Oilers in seven

Consensus prediction: Oilers (22 of 23 picks)

Where the F can I get hold of this 'Ryan S Clark?!

Reactions: McDoused

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Exactly.

And that's how I feel about all these loser Vancouver posters. Like what has your team EVER won to warrant such ridiculous cockiness?

Absolutely nothing at all. They should have been forever humbled by choking two series leads in the Finals and a continued 50+ years of nothing

But you know they are peak delusional when you have a fan unironically suggesting that the 1915 Vancouver Millionaires Stanley Cup win is somehow relevant to the Canucks.

L O L

StoveTopStauffer

Apr 6, 2012

big deal

Luck and karma don't exist.

You know what is real? Schadenfreude for rivals.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Elston was awesome. His “Hockey Nightmares” in particular…lol

GmHTaNV.jpeg

zZr65Tg.jpeg

AM

Nov 22, 2004
Edmonton

big deal

still no causality. And I’ll choose how to be, not be bullied into it.

Not sure if this is actually the case but I heard that it wont be released until the Vegas Golden Cheaters/ Dallas Stars game is decided.
They need to decide based on what’s best for Vegas.

Reactions: guymez

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I can proudly say I've fated the TML as long as I've been alive.
But I hope you'll forgive me for beings a Habs fan until Edmonton was born
I grew up a diehard Habs fan going back to the mid 60's. Pretty much on par with my current attachment to the Oilers in those days. That makes it hard to ever feel any compassion for the Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad