Rumor: Oilers targeting Mike Richards

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Rebels57

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
People "throw him under the bus" because his performance was suffering, before the off-ice things emerged.

This, and it started in his last year in Philly. It was too obvious too ignore and the Flyers were lucky as **** to turn him into Simmonds and Schenn before anyone else caught on. To Richards credit, he did have a good playoff run in 2012 though. It wasn't GREAT like he was for most of the Flyers 2010 run, but it was good enough with the team he had around him.

Ciao

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2010
Toronto
I think he's done. He just can't skate well enough to play in the. NHL.

Blitzago*

Dec 11, 2015
It is common sense . How can you say it ignorant ? Don't start smoking is also common sense as it is addictive . As for happening to anyone I disagree . I have all the reason in the world to take my meds . I am in so much pain at night I am awake ever hour , no and if buts about it . Why don't I give in ? If it can happen to anyone ? I know the risk and when you get these meds the risk are explained to you . Are you going to say drinking and driving can also happen to anyone ?

Here a case with me . After my car accident I start to take seizures . The doctor gave me meds that were't for seizures . They were very addictive , I was taking max 8 pills a day . Once I got a good doctor ( Had to move to ottawa to get one ) He told me they were not a seizure medication and were addictive . I was on them for 2 years and I told him I would not take them any more then . He said you can't give it up just like that . You need to come off slowly . I told him watch me and never took 1 from that day forward . Withdrawing from them were hell . I never slept for a week . Every time I would close my eyes I would get a shock thru my brain , zapping me awake . Even going thru that hell never once did I consider taking another .

Please explain how people get addicted . I was without knowing . It did not stop me from stopping cold turkey . People look for excuses the answers are with in . If you feel good about who you are no need for anything that alters your brain waves

Edit : I am going to sign out for the long weekend . We can agree to disagree on this . I hope everyone has a safe weekend . Even the ones that I disagree with . Be safe everyone and enjoy the weekend . Wishing everyone the best
It's not that easy for some people

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Wouldn't mind Richards on a PTO. Letestu and Lander didn't really fill the hole left by Gordon last year. Richards can't produce, but he's still a very solid defencive forward, which is a need when your other 3 centres are McDavid, RNH, and Draisaitl.

Hendricks-Richards-Kassian/Pakarinen

Would be fine as 4th line for me.

yourbestfriend

May 28, 2010
Richards has visibly taken a few steps backwards the past few years.
With that being said, this guy has literally won every team oriented championship you can name. You just can't teach or replicate that experience.
For teams who are on the cusp of reaching the playoffs or winning a championship his experience is invaluable.
Even in his declining state and not having played in over half a year, Washington still took a chance on him because of what he brings to a team.

I like this from edm's perspective, zero risk for them to give him a PTO or sign him to a 750k contract.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I've been saying they should do this for the longest time, cheap, he's also perfect for the 4th line and has more experience than most NHLers do.

kunekune

Feb 17, 2016
Most of you dont seem to understand that progression or regression isnt linear.

If Richie has his head in the game and is training like NHL player is supposed to train he can be much more effective than what he has been these past few years. He is not that old that his physique is all gone. Expecially his skating could be much better than it has been after the pill case.

20+ points and important pk role is possible for Richie who is mentally back in the game

Joel Ward

Sep 24, 2012
Toronto
Sounds kind of like he went full Horcoff. Never go full Horcoff.

:laugh: honestly...

I mean he is still able to make good reads and get in good position which makes him useful defensively, but his offense is just gone completely. No where near the player he used to be sadly.

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
tumblr_mizy6xVMHN1qjpafyo2_250_zpsfba732ea.gif

UnicornONtheCOBB

Jun 29, 2016
Anyone arguing against a PTO just doesn't get it. Ya, maybe his game is gone, maybe he can't keep up, maybe he's done, but maybe he isn't. It's a try out, I'd love for them to bring in 3 guys at C and 2 or 3 at RHD who can pay the PP. Maybe none of them look any better that we already got, but maybe 1 or 2 or 3 do look better and win the job. One thing this team definitely lacks is depth, all over the place. I'd even try and get Kari Ramo on PTO, to fight for our back up goaltending spot. No one should just be handed a spot on this team, and just because a guy comes here on a PTO, doesn't mean he's good enough or will make the team, but it really has ZERO downside. IMO, the more PTOs, the better.

I'd invite...

Richards
Legwand
Boyes
Boyle
Zidlicky
Ramo
Erhoff
Gryba
Ruutuu
K. Russel

obviously not all of them will come, but this team needs some competition. Bring it on, there's nothing to lose.

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Richards has been an absolute shell of himself ever since Bolland rocked him with the huge hit in the 2013 WCF

He just has no hands or hockey instincts anymore. He skates around like he is in a fog most of the time now

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Targeting? Call him up and offer the league minimum, that should do it. And don't touch his percocets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad