Value of: Oilers suggested fixes

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
Okay so i was thinking that there might be a few trades out there that might be able to help both teams. THESE ARE ALL STARTING ELEMENTS TO TRADES.

first off vancouver is screwed cap wise and are not doing good on the pp at all this year and oilers d is not really playoff material let alone almost not regular season material.

to Edm
Tyler myers 5m x 3yrs (retained 1m original cap hit 6m)

To Van
tyson Barrie 4.5m x 3yrs

why because i know hughes is there qb on pp but barrie helps out if hughes is having an off night at a lower cap hit and is closer to his home town and myers helps out oilers get a bit better defensively and a bigger body to throw around( i know he isnt known to throw the body as much)

@tdl
to Edm
reilly smith

to vegas
kailer yamamoto
Pick
i know teams dont like to do interdivision trading but this one is a good starting point to solidify the rw on the 2nd line and i know it helps out the golden knights cap wise and still get a middle 6 rw at a decent cap hit to help once eichel and pacs is back. which means that oilers will have to do some trades else where to make the cap work but i think its possible. but also saying that i can see other teams offer similar deals that are playing outside the division so this one is a 50-50.

@tdl
to edm
chairot

to mtl
2022 2nd rnd pick ( conditional as if the keith trade pick gets upgraded to the 22 2nd rnd pick it goes to 23 and 4th becomes a 3rd in 25)
2023 4th rnd pick(conditional)
cap dump like turris

to Edm
murray @50%

to ott
kosk
sceviour
obvious reasons why murray is not performing well/ at all for ott and think he can bounce back if he comes to edmonton, ott just doesnt have the d that works around him. im not saying oilers d is that much better than ottawas but im saying that it is better. maybe a trade through zona to get them to retain 1m off of murray as well. alot of people are saying that oilers should be going after maf or korpisalo or griess or bernier. but honestly i think sure maf could get it done but edm dcore isnt like vegas' and dont think hed do well( better than in chi though). i think with murray being young yet and helped pitts get their 2 cups out of the 3 that he still has a 2nd and 3rd chances to him. And with ott taking on both contracts they both expire at the end of the year and murray at 2.125(trade with zona)-3.125 its a smaller pill to swallow and its only 2 yrs left after this so i think its very viable option whether hes a starter or 1b or a back up the $$$ makes it versitile in both edmontons favor and helps out ottawa cap wise.

all these trades are subject to change depending on what ducks do with who they hire as gm and saw one of the anaylsts say that crosby would fit right in with avs so IF pitts decides now is the time to blow up the team and send him to the avs( which i highly doubt crosby plays for another team before he retires) but if they do blow up the team i think alot of teams(contenders) would go after letang and oilers would be one of them. also if ducks blow up their team as well( again stupid if they did this early) oilers should be in on gibson obviously but i think others would be as well. one of them being avs especially if they acquired crosby.

by all means i might be crazy or these trades might not make sense but i honestly think atleast 2 out of the 4 would definitely help out the oilers as well as other teams involved, and remember these are just starter trades other aspects of the trades can be added.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wacky proposals.

Barrie >> Myers

Edmonton can’t take on R. Smith

Edmonton doesn’t need Chiarot

Koskinen > Murray due to term
If we are moving on from Barrie, I agree. Myers is trash.

Agreed on R Smith

We absolutely do need a guy like Chiarot. Keith is playing awful, Koekkoek and Russell are awful and Nurse has been struggling. We need a legit top 4 left handed d.

Unless edmonton sees Murray as a guy they win a cup in, than I take Murray.

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
reason why reilly smith is because of his playoff numbers and his versatility to play either lw or rw. i know hes expensive and thats why i put it down as a tdl acquisition. and as for myers i know barrie is better at point production but at the end of the day daddy bouch will take over his position and with that hes more of a liability on the ice defensively than myers and having him on the backend i thought would help out more. murray i honestly think hes due for a change of scenery and only signed in ott because of the money, but is now realizing that he shouldve signed else where and lets be honest hes better than kosk. also i see that you have it down as his term is to long but i dont think thats an issue especially if he shits the bed and get him at 50% we are only eating just over 2m if we send him down if no one claims him but i guarentee that you could turn around and send him to pitt and theyd gladly take him and i think he would be happy to go as well before even having to waive him.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
Wacky proposals.

Barrie >> Myers

Edmonton can’t take on R. Smith

Edmonton doesn’t need Chiarot

Koskinen > Murray due to term
I'd love to have Chiarot. They could definitely use some shoring up on the Blueline and he's an ideal target. Agree with the rest.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Ceci has 2 years more term though. I'd be willing to retain 1.5 if that would help you change your mind.

I was wrong on Ceci, his cap it's 3.25. No I wouldn't bite. I don't see Myers as an upgrade so why take on more cap. Next season we have to address goaltending, sign Puljujarvi and least bridge Yamamoto. We don't have 1.5 million to waste on sideways moves.

I'm probably the wrong poster to ask with me pushing for a Grant for Kassian trade where we lose on player value but gain 1.5 in cap space moving forward and 3.2 full of Kassian's last year.

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
A Canucks-Oilers trade that could make sense is something around Koskinen for Halak, and then asking the Oilers for premium value for JT Miller. Bouchard would presumably be a non-starter so something around Broberg++ or Holloway+. Cap wise the goalie swap helps the Oilers fit Miller, but the Canucks probably have to take Turris too. Landing Holloway as a center piece back for Miller would be a good move.

Neither team has defenseman that the other would want, minus the guys who won't be traded (who now have very pricey deals attached to them).

5 14 6 1

We are the 11.5%
Sep 15, 2010
Alberta
A Canucks-Oilers trade that could make sense is something around Koskinen for Halak, and then giving the Canucks premium value for JT Miller. Bouchard would presumably be a non-starter so something around Broberg++ or Holloway+. Cap wise the goalie swap helps the Oilers fit Miller, but the Canucks probably have to take Turris too. Landing Holloway as a center piece back for Miller would be a good move.

Neither team has defenseman that the other would want, minus the guys who won't be traded (who now have very pricey deals attached to them).

lol why is edmonton giving up their top prospect for JT "throw a fit" Miller of all people?

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
A Canucks-Oilers trade that could make sense is something around Koskinen for Halak, and then asking the Oilers for premium value for JT Miller. Bouchard would presumably be a non-starter so something around Broberg++ or Holloway+. Cap wise the goalie swap helps the Oilers fit Miller, but the Canucks probably have to take Turris too. Landing Holloway as a center piece back for Miller would be a good move.

Edmonton doesn't need JT Miller nor could we afford to retain him. If Vancouver wants to talk Broberg++ or Holloway+ get ready to put Demko on the table. Halak is washed. He's not even an upgrade on Koskinen. LMAO at paying a premuim for JT cause we get Halak for Koskinen. Garbage.

Yes, I know Vancouver isn't moving Demko before everyone losses their minds at reading this.

Reactions: 5 14 6 1

vancityluongo

curse of the strombino
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2006
Edmonton
Edmonton isn't trading their top propsects with ELC's for JT Miller lol.

McDavid is also 24 and the team is 11-4

Go worry about your own tire fire.

Draisaitl is 26 and probably at his statistical peak. If you wouldn't add a top-10 scoring forward in the league for ~$5m (ie. a number that could actually fit your awfully managed cap), cool lol.

As someone who watched the Sedins prime get wasted without a Cup because we never traded shiny prospects like Jordan Schroeder or held on to first rounders that would turn into luminaries like Nik Jensen and Brendan Gaunce, I think it'd be a shame if the Oilers suffered the same fate - would rather watch McDavid live in the playoffs than the Canucks any day hahah

Btw could be 11-5 soon if they don't break that five game losing streak against Winnipeg ;)

Edmonton doesn't need JT Miller nor could we afford to retain him. If Vancouver wants to talk Broberg++ or Holloway+ get ready to put Demko on the table. Halak is washed. He's not even an upgrade on Koskinen. LMAO at paying a premuim for JT cause we get Halak for Koskinen. Garbage.

Yes, I know Vancouver isn't moving Demko before everyone losses their minds at reading this.

People will definitely lose their minds at this but I would personally move Demko for something around Bouchard.....

Demko will just suffer the same fate as John Gibson, minus ever having the revitalized team Anaheim have this year. Might as well trade him at absolute peak value and get younger cornerstones.

Just as the Oilers might as well go for it. Absolutely they should be trying to get Demko.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
Draisaitl is 26 and probably at his statistical peak. If you wouldn't add a top-10 scoring forward in the league for ~$5m (ie. a number that could actually fit your awfully managed cap), cool lol.

As someone who watched the Sedins prime get wasted without a Cup because we never traded shiny prospects like Jordan Schroeder or held on to first rounders that would turn into luminaries like Nik Jensen and Brendan Gaunce, I think it'd be a shame if the Oilers suffered the same fate - would rather watch McDavid live in the playoffs than the Canucks any day hahah

Btw could be 11-5 soon if they don't break that five game losing streak against Winnipeg ;)

People will definitely lose their minds at this but I would personally move Demko for something around Bouchard.....

Demko will just suffer the same fate as John Gibson, minus ever having the revitalized team Anaheim have this year. Might as well trade him at absolute peak value and get younger cornerstones.

Any cap gained needs to be used to fix the D core or goaltending. If you can't understand this. Cool lol

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Mrazek for a 2022 2nd + 2023 3rd. Solid 1b goalie but can't afford him with Jack Campbells raise.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad