Post-Game Talk: Oilers suffer from narcolepsy again to start the season

Fishy McScales

Apr 22, 2006
schmocation
Meh. They look preseason sloppy but not that bad.

They've been driving most of the play for two games but getting insanely punished for every mistake.

They are third overall with a xGF% of 65.28 but are rocking a 0.846 PDO so far.

Last edited:

Morpheus

I am bot
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2007
Bot’s Motel
IMG_5418.jpeg

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Didn't watch game one (mercifully) but I saw this one. It wasn't like the Oilers totally sucked or anything, but it's clear that the big players are hugely underperforming. The team collectively has lost the eye of the tiger.
rocky-rockyiv-apollo-creed-stallone-carlweathers-bromance-bros-beach-fun-training-guys-americans-positivity-boxing-brosbeforehos.gif

Hard to see how this season's going to go. On the one hand, the club is Western Conference champs and have shown the ability to more than overcome slow starts. So, this might just be an unfortunate blip.

On the other hand, the Oilers are the oldest team in the League, and have a soft defence core. After high priced / big name additions to what was seemingly already a good offence, the club now has zero ES goals in two games (no, Perry's doesn't count).

It's just a matter of the club finding its identity again. It seems they need to go through this process EVERY year.

Reactions: TheSuperElite

Throttlehead

Jan 22, 2014
Victoria B.C.
We lost a lot of speed since last year, I still don't understand why we didn't resign Holloway and kept someone like Perry. Our PK looks way worse so far, and for some reason the PP is really predictable.

There is nothing gelling on the Draisaitl line at all, lets hope it happens.

Our biggest problems are defence and goaltending. Ceci and Broberg would look pretty friggin good right now. There is no way we can continue with Nurse, even if he plays better, he will never be a 9 mil player. I would package him up with draft pics whatever and move him. The dmen we could pick up for that 9 mil would be way batter. I was hoping Skinner would be solid this year but he seems to be the same old Skinner, he can play pretty good for some games and then complete trash in others. You can't win with that kind of goalie.

We've lost all our top draft picks and prospects. I still would have liked to see Lavoie on Draisaitl's wing for a few games, the kid had a gun and had size. Leon would have gotten him the puck.

They are sleep walking right now as the masses are predicting them for the cup, BS you still have to play the games and they aren't even close. McDavid being upstaged by Bedard....not cool. The Knob needs to get in the room and start reading the riot act, no more lack luster f**king around.

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
"Ok guys. Remember what Woody's numerologist said last year. October is the 10th month so we're only allowed to actually play for ten minutes per game in October. Got us to the finals didn't It? So hold back guys. No trying too hard out there."

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad