Post-Game Talk: Oilers suffer from narcolepsy again to start the season

94 Oil Drops

SKINNER(S!)
Sep 19, 2019
Alberta
And that concludes pre season game 10. One thing I absolutely hate about this team is the fact that they don't hunt to kill from the start. They are reactionary. They need to get smacked around in order to wake up and do something. That's never going to change either! It's in their DNA and you can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Shizuka

Mar 16, 2002
In purgatory
The bottom 6 (PK aside, which has been very poor) are not the issue. Once again, the top guys are completely f***ing AWOL. Did not get saves either.

They were against a team on the 2nd half of a back to back, and were outplayed and outworked yet again coming off 2 f***ing days' rest. They treated pre-season like their f***ing summer beer league and it shows, through and through. Like I've said multiple times, the sense of entitlement in that room... man I don't even know what the f*** to say anymore.

They're going to replicate their absolute shite start last season, and it's always some excuse. This year, it's 'playoff hangover'... you players can f*** all the way off with that. Complete lack of professionalism and commitment.

Reactions: K1984

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
Giving head coaches players they are familiar with historically but are barely NHLers is the dumbest thing this team does. Jackson got a lot of good press come July 1st and the air is already 2/3rds out of that balloon game 2. This was this years version of the Sharks from last a year gonna be hard to hit lower than that

Gnome17

Mar 4, 2016
Sweden
Team is old and slow with no excitement after the finals loss, the only position they have youth on is d, where you need stability, and really bad goaltending. ugh.

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
I’m pretty sure Bowman is looking at Connor Murphy right about now.

1000000022.jpg

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The bottom 6 (PK aside, which has been very poor) are not the issue. Once again, the top guys are completely f***ing AWOL. Did not get saves either.

They were against a team on the 2nd half of a back to back, and were outplayed and outworked yet again coming off 2 f***ing days' rest. They treated pre-season like their f***ing summer beer league and it shows, through and through. Like I've said multiple times, the sense of entitlement in that room... man I don't even know what the f*** to say anymore.

They're going to replicate their absolute shite start last season, and it's always some excuse. This year, it's 'playoff hangover'... you players can f*** all the way off with that. Complete lack of professionalism and commitment.

I don't think it's a hangover. They're mentally not over last June, and Knoblaugh didn't do enough to address or prep for this possibility in the preseason.

If your execution is off by even a milisecond in this league it makes all the difference in the world.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Maybe one day a coach here will figure out the concept of not being able to coast in a pre-season, season prep with this group.

You are playing with danger if you want to do that as a coach.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
The thing that bugs me to start the season was that Jeff Skinner and Arvidsson were suppose to add offence.

We'd have 0 goals tonight without the two of them, they both caused the penalities that led to goals, Skinner had the assist on Perry's goal, Arvidsson did create a goal too it just got waived off.

Unfortunately for them McDavid, Drai, RNH, Bouchard, Hyman are all drunk to start the season or really more likely still thinking about the Finals. Gotta let that shit go and move on, clearly they haven't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad