Confirmed with Link: Oilers sign Viktor Arvidsson (2 years x 4M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Love this signing. This makes it really interesting with Kane. I think a healthy can bounces back, but it makes me wonder if a Kane trade makes sense. You have to remember the Oilers won 7 games in the final 2 rounds with Kane making little to no impact at that point due to his injury. With Holloway showing signs I wonder if this is the better option moving forward:

Nuge-McD-Hyman
Holloway-Drai-Arvidsson
Janmark-XX-Brown
XX-McLeod-XX

Trade Kane and dump Ceci and get a RHD upgrade to run:
Ekholm-Bouch
Nurse-Upgrade
Kulak-Broberg

I'm also ok with keeping Kane if he can get back to his game once healthy. I don't hate the idea of Holloway centring Janmark and Brown either.

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
Nice to finally get a top six right winger, Oilers have needed one for years now. Was painful watching guys like Foegele get plugged in that spot.

Hopefully he's fully healthy and recovered from whatever cost him 50 games last year.
Seemed fine in the playoffs. Just never know when something new will pop up and make him miss 20 games, unfortunately. As others have said if he's healthy I think this is a great fit.

IF (capital letters) Kane is ever able to contribute again this will be the best the top 6 has been in a very long time, and the first time in the McDrai era where we won't have to watch a revolving door of 3rd/4th liners playing in the top 6.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
Seemed fine in the playoffs. Just never know when something new will pop up and make him miss 20 games, unfortunately. As others have said if he's healthy I think this is a great fit.

IF (capital letters) Kane is ever able to contribute again this will be the best the top 6 has been in a very long time, and the first time in the McDrai era where we won't have to watch a revolving door of 3rd/4th liners playing in the top 6.
He does seem prone to missing time here and there, even back with Nashville. Time will tell I guess.

Agreed on the top six comment. Hopefully Kane can rebound and Arvidsson fits in enough to compensate for the inevitable tumble back to the average we'll see from Hyman too.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Love it. Arviddson is a great fit. Brings sniping ability and a Right Hand One Timer to a team that needs more shooting talent. Can skate with high work rate and motor. Good Speed. Always Reliable Top 6 Production with potential to pop off with our talent, and he had a pretty crazy PPG with 15 pts in 18 games last year. There's huge value contract potential here even at 4M.

Only concern is his injury history. Only 3 Fullish Seasons in 8 years. Seems to always miss some time. And last year only 18 GP but looked to have recovered in the playoffs. Undersized and plays a high work effort game so maybe he's prone to it.

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
My 2nd favorite player on the Kings . Oilers just got a 70+ point player who is competitive and very creative especially on the PP . This is insane ! Dont listen to others saying he doesnt produce in the playoffs thats horse shettt hes been our only consistent and competitive player besides Kempe .

And now signing Skinner for a great contract you guys are headed back to the finals 🤢 🤮

Fk u guys lol enjoy Arvy !

fuswald

I'd Be Fired
Dec 10, 2008
Edmonton
Maybe this is our LTIR guy that magically heals after the trade deadline giving extra cap. Kane maybe that guy. Perry?

Cannot afford Henrique now I think.

guymez

The Seldom Seen Kid
Mar 3, 2004
Ekholm made it happen. Who knew the Ekholm trade could even get better. Add Arvidsen to the return now on the Ekholm trade.
The Ekholm trade just keeps paying dividends.
Pushes Nurse off of the top pairing (thank god for that) and he also helps make Bouchard a better player and as if that wasnt enough he now helps make the top 6 better.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad