Post-Game Talk: Oilers ruin the Yzerplan

booyakasha

Oct 11, 2007
Edmonton, AB
#29 being fantastic turning 29. What a lovable beast of a player.

People buy tickets to see McDavid, they see Draisaitl rock Detroit Rock City instead.

lol at broadcast. Michaels saying "surprised they played Lynyrd Skynyrd here, I thought the vibe was different. Its rock city idiot.
I think he meant he was expecting to hear the motor city madman rather than a southern outfit being played.

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Good thing they got 2 points today because you know they will shit the bed tomorrow against colunbus lol. They rarely play well in colunbus and were down 4-0 early in game last year. I would be stunned if oilers have good game tomorrow and win. Be nice for Hyman to pot a couple tomorrow and mcdavid to be the best player on the ice for first time this year. Anyway we needed this win

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Love that song!
So much in the Skynyrd catalog. Dive deep on their albums. What a band. This one isn't even in their top 30 but a track that just burns with their typical groove.

This is my favorite though:

Especially with the 4 nations international tournament coming up and drug testing and all that. Oh wait, sorry Leon.
WE made the same joke again, lol

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
We're not playing well and we're back to 0.500. I'll take it.

There are a lot of guys on this roster who need to find the back of the net. RV is probably the guy who wants it the most.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah I agree. I thought he made some quality "skill player" passes tonight as well. Just need him to find some finish and he'd be a good fit there. Makes me think that Kane might fit well there when he's back if Podz offence doesn't come. I know Kane didn't fit well with Drai last year, but with him healthy and a new look with Arvidsson I could see it working.
McDavid needs Kane the most I think.

Shaquille Oatmeal

Tier 2 Fan
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2015
Yeah credit where due. He’s been great in his role. Still like to see some more speed in the lineup from time to time. I expect after Christmas that he and Ryan will see the odd night off.
At least when Perry steps into the locker room and gives the younger kids shit... He has the bloody knuckles to back it up. Perry is doing an excellent job so far this year.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
But we are playing well. Just not scoring. Dominating large stretch of games and controlling play.
They're playing well in the sense that they're good enough to control puck possession for large parts of games and can get pucks to danger areas consistently. But they're not executing well on a lot of passes and shots to/in those areas which is why they're struggling to score.

When this group of players is executing they whip the puck around better than almost every team in the league. We're just not seeing that from them right now.

Lehnerd Skinnerd

Sponsor
Feb 10, 2008
Thunder Bay, ON
IMG_6303.png
Free coffee for a week, thanks to the birthday boy. I had a feeling he was going to have a good game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad