Post-Game Talk: Oilers ruin the Yzerplan

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Watching the game, I said to myself that Skinner would’ve been toast on that P Kane partial break that Pickard stayed patient on. Great goaltending.
Agreed, unless Stu was able to get his pad far enough over on his first push it is very doubtful that he would've made that 2nd push quick enough to stop that shot.

OfCorsiDid

Time is a flat circle.
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
IMG_2056.jpeg

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Execution is still sloppy, but will take all the points we can get while they slump. Biggest thing is not digging a big hole like last year until they snap out of it. Leon's line was great. Other lines left a lot to be desired. Thought Podkolzin made some good plays tonight on that Drai line, and the Drai-Arvidsson chemistry continues to build.

Think they need to do some shuffling on the 1st, 3rd, and 4th lines.

I'd run
Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
Podkolzin-Drai-Arvidsson
Nuge-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
Draisaitl has slowly been building his game back up, and tonight he found it. That was a great game from him.

McDavid still isn’t there. It isn’t even physical, it’s decision making. He’ll dance around the zone, open up space, then just sift it somewhere and turn it over. I’ve been saying it the whole year, but I think it’s going to be a lot of the same until he’s out of his comfort zone with new line mates. He isn’t executing on much at the moment.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Pickard and Drai players of the game. Getting better but PP and some other of the top players need to get going
While that's true, the bottom 6 has completely disappeared after a few decent games to start the season. The depth is what pushed the Oilers forward last season, need a lot more from the 3rd line in particular.

Reactions: Drivesaitl

Garbo Man

Meh
Oct 15, 2017
Sherwood Park
Execution is still sloppy, but will take all the points we can get while they slump. Biggest thing is not digging a big hole like last year until they snap out of it. Leon's line was great. Other lines left a lot to be desired. Thought Podkolzin made some good plays tonight on that Drai line, and the Drai-Arvidsson chemistry continues to build.

Think they need to do some shuffling on the 1st, 3rd, and 4th lines.

I'd run
Skinner-McDavid-Hyman
Podkolzin-Drai-Arvidsson
Nuge-Henrique-Brown
Janmark-Ryan-Perry
Podz is the wrecking ball on that line. He might not be scoring yet but he creates so much chaos that gives Drai and Arvy time and space to work the puck to each other. There were so many moments in that last game where just the amount of pressure Podz was putting on their D with his forechecking made them cough up pucks to Drai and Arvy left and right. If Podz could chip in a little more on the goal front then he would legit be the perfect compliment to Arvy and Drai.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad