Post-Game Talk: Oilers ruin the Yzerplan

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
#29 being fantastic turning 29. What a lovable beast of a player.

People buy tickets to see McDavid, they see Draisaitl rock Detroit Rock City instead.

lol at broadcast. Michaels saying "surprised they played Lynyrd Skynyrd here, I thought the vibe was different. Its rock city idiot.

• Haha
Reactions: Bryanbryoil

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Podz is the wrecking ball on that line. He might not be scoring yet but he creates so much chaos that gives Drai and Arvy time and space to work the puck to each other. There were so many moments in that last game where just the amount of pressure Podz was putting on their D with his forechecking made them cough up pucks to Drai and Arvy left and right. If Podz could chip in a little more on the goal front then he would legit be the perfect compliment to Arvy and Drai.
Pod should model himself after Hyman. Skilled players often flourish with hard nosed puck protector type that buys everyone time and space

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
Podz is the wrecking ball on that line. He might not be scoring yet but he creates so much chaos that gives Drai and Arvy time and space to work the puck to each other. There were so many moments in that last game where just the amount of pressure Podz was putting on their D with his forechecking made them cough up pucks to Drai and Arvy left and right. If Podz could chip in a little more on the goal front then he would legit be the perfect compliment to Arvy and Drai.
Yeah I agree. I thought he made some quality "skill player" passes tonight as well. Just need him to find some finish and he'd be a good fit there. Makes me think that Kane might fit well there when he's back if Podz offence doesn't come. I know Kane didn't fit well with Drai last year, but with him healthy and a new look with Arvidsson I could see it working.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004

People buy tickets to see McDavid, they see Draisaitl rock Detroit Rock City instead.

lol at broadcast. Michaels saying "surprised they played Lynyrd Skynyrd here, I thought the vibe was different. Its rock city idiot.
I mean it seemed like they were playing Eminem all night long! No Motown or Rock City for the young whipper snappers!

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
Weren't ready to start the game getting hemmed in for long stretches, but they woke up in the second and grabbed two points

Great game by Draisaitl on his birthday.

I was forced to watch Detroit broadcast on the NHL Network; their broadcast duo is pretty bad. Redmond sounded like he was half in the bag all game.

brentashton

Jan 21, 2018

Drai was very good today. Worth the admission.

Probably meant he’d hear more Motown, Kid Rock, Bob Seger, Jack White and yes, Kiss, although not a native son.

Skynyrd I love, but definitely out of place in Rock City.

Oilers could have used Smokey and The/A Miracles today. We weren’t anything close to being Supreme. I’m out. Gotta go. It’s time for some Night Moves.

;)

Reactions: booyakasha

CanadasTeam99

Jul 22, 2024
I will say one thing about tomorrow,.

We will get absolutely SALUGHTERED if we play the same 1st period against COlumbus. They work harder than DET and they have the highest shooting % in the league right now

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
After the first period, it was all Edmonton. Great game for Pickard and I thought the Oilers brought the D zone game they had against Pittsburgh from the 2nd and on. The passing quick out of the D zone etc. I thought Emberson was quiet but very efficient tonight.

Happy Birthday Leon! He’s found his game. Bouchards been rough but he’s finding his game now. Ekholm is very good and he’s started off great points wise

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Really like the effort again, the pushback and finishing this one off.

Emberson keeps getting better. Nurse had another solid game, please get another top-4 defenseman to help this group, it would make a big difference.

Nice to the see the big boys do it. Happy birthday Leon.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hemingway
Oct 8, 2017
Islands in the stream.
Drai was very good today. Worth the admission.

Probably meant he’d hear more Motown, Kid Rock, Bob Seger, Jack White and yes, Kiss, although not a native son.

Skynyrd I love, but definitely out of place in Rock City.

Oilers could have used Smokey and The/A Miracles today. We weren’t anything close to being Supreme. I’m out. Gotta go. It’s time for some Night Moves.

;)
Rock is rock is what I was getting at earlier. Skynyrd might be from down south but they definitely rock. Not out of place anywhere. heh.

Reactions: brentashton

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
What’s scary (in a good way) is that we’re winning games with a fair amount of players not contributing at all. Should go on a tear if certain players start to find their groove.

Reactions: CanadasTeam99

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Holland had his share of f*** ups but, outside of the Pronger trade, the Ekholm trade might arguably be the best Oilers trade ever made at least since the dynasty years for sure. What a beauty, that pass was ridiculous. Despite all the guys struggling out of the gate, Ekholm has remained consistent in being one of the best Dmen in the NHL.

Such a good post. I thought long and hard about it, and I think you might be right. Only other trade that probably leapfrogs it is Tikkanen for Weight, but that was still giving up a high performing top 6 F with cup rings to a contender for a prospect. It just worked out as good as you can hope.

Ekholm is such a rock. He just doesn’t have an off night.

Reactions: brentashton

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad