Post-Game Talk: Oilers played with more jam

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Starting to think the Oilers are playing Chiasson so much is to bump his value so teams will pick him up when he's on waiver

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010
Can someone please clear this up for me as I have not heard of this at all and I am not trying to spread gossip that's not true?I was told that there is heated friction between Nuse and Mcdavid in the locker room .Nurse is upset that McDavid pushes for Barrie to be on the team and has as much control over the oilers...Once again I have no idea where this is coming from and I am not trying to spread a rumor.just want a chatter to clear this up for me

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
I definitely want to see

Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Nygard-Haas-Archibald

A more speedy 4th line, Ennis gives Jesse some more offense to play with, and Khaira/Chiasson the two slow guys out of the lineup.

I agree. I think if Neal plays like he did in the play-ins then he could probably take one of Ennis/Nygard/Archibalds spot or they can all just kinda rotate based on whos playing well. Khaira is just too much a liability and Chiasson isnt doing much out there.

Reactions: Paralyzer008

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Can someone please clear this up for me as I have not heard of this at all and I am not trying to spread gossip that's not true?I was told that there is heated friction between Nuse and Mcdavid in the locker room .Nurse is upset that McDavid pushes for Barrie to be on the team and has as much control over the oilers...Once again I have no idea where this is coming from and I am not trying to spread a rumor.just want a chatter to clear this up for me

I havent heard anything but sounds like twitter speculation.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
Probably my favourite part of last night was the look on Barrie's face after the PP goal.

8OGqlCH.jpg

LOL. I love this guy.

Barrie's like "wow, I thought he screwed up on his pass to me", McDavid's like "when I'm on the ice with Drai, it's always coming to me", and Nuge is like "Just another day with McDavid on the PP".

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Other things from the game:

I mentioned it already but Khaira at 5v5 continues to be just...ungood.

The Oilers PP continues to be absolutely fantastic down low - Barrie needs to learn that his job is basically to pass to these guys. He's not quite in sync with it yet and defensively speaking is quite erratic. It's still early.

McDavid's forechecking was the best I've seen from him, hell he was throwing hits again like the 2017 playoffs.

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
They have the same issue though, as soon as they try and put him on the Taxi squad they’ll need to waive him again.

They do have the empty roster spot though and now that they lost Comrie, I doubt they'll try to re-assign him to Taxi Squad. I suspect the Oilers when they get their guy will do the same from here on out. It's too important this year to make sure you're comfortable with your third guy that it's worth risking waivers on guys like Lagesson.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
Completely agreed. The orange with the royal blue was so cool as a third jersey!! No idea why they just can’t leave well enough alone. Everybody loves the royal blue. I know adidas wanted to change things up, but the dark navy blue just isn’t near as nice.

$$$$

Reactions: tardigrade81

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
You think people on this board would know what happens in the locker room?
If anything McDavid's control is a big reason why Nurse is still an Oiler making north of 5M per on a bridge deal that takes him to free agency while Barrie was signed for only 3.75M by Holland.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Because Khaira's PK is still pretty good, I'm not completely against keeping him in as the 4th line LW as we can limit is 5 on 5 time there to 5 or 6 minutes per game. As the 4th Centre, we need him to play too many minutes ineffectively.
I mean I think his line has been on for like 15+ shots against and 1 for in 2 games? And has a goal against and numerous chances. If he wasn't actively hurting the team I would agree but even in limited time, he is a problem.

Reactions: Draiskull and bone

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

No one on here is in the room, so we can't confirm. Starting to detect a trend with Edmontonians trying to drum up rumors of conflict between Nurse and other star Oilers. I wonder why that is.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Sounds made up.

Reactions: nabob and voxel

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site
I mean I think his line has been on for like 15+ shots against and 1 for in 2 games? And has a goal against and numerous chances. If he wasn't actively hurting the team I would agree but even in limited time, he is a problem.

Agreed. Just saying they can shelter his minutes a bit more if he's on the wing as there are 9 other options for his spot instead of 3 during the course of a game.

Stoneman89

Feb 8, 2008
I definitely want to see

Ennis-Turris-Puljujarvi
Nygard-Haas-Archibald

A more speedy 4th line, Ennis gives Jesse some more offense to play with, and Khaira/Chiasson the two slow guys out of the lineup.
Yup, agreed. Getting Haas and Nygard will definitely push the needle for us. Khaira continues to be a slug, and, although I really like Chiasson's try, he's merely a body on the PP, and does nothing 5 X 5.

Reactions: Paralyzer008

bone

5-14-6-1
Jun 24, 2003
Edmonton
Visit site

Thinking more on this, why would Nurse care about McDavid wanting a right shooting offensive defenseman when Nurse's potential is as a left shooting defensive d-man who can contribute to the offense. Barrie isn't even competing with Nurse for the same role.

Guaranteed it's made up by individuals who are trying to make Nurse look bad for some reason, like the previous reports about him and Drai fighting which according to a roommate of Nurse's at the time apparently never happened.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Barrie's like "wow, I thought he screwed up on his pass to me", McDavid's like "when I'm on the ice with Drai, it's always coming to me", and Nuge is like "Just another day with McDavid on the PP".
Barrie was more like "Whaa, i get an assist for making a pass behind my own net?"

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Yup, agreed. Getting Haas and Nygard will definitely push the needle for us. Khaira continues to be a slug, and, although I really like Chiasson's try, he's merely a body on the PP, and does nothing 5 X 5.
Chiasson doesn’t even know what’s going on the PP anymore. Just stands there while the other guys pass the puck.
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad