Oilers or Panthers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilers or Panthers?

• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
Um, congratulations Florida, I guess.

Even though they lost I'm still proud of Edmonton. McDavid is a helluva player and he's from the GTA. He was easily the best performer in a losing situation.

It's easy to cheer for a guy like that.

Like the old saying goes: you gotta lose it first before you can win it. Florida just proved that much again. It won't be long until it's Edmonton's turn.

And when they do finally win the cup I'll be cheering for them.

Especially if it's the Panthers they beat. Florida is a vile team. Full of players who repulse me.

I would have loved to see Edmonton humiliate them last night.

Glad the Oilers came all the way back for nothing!!! I hope they never win a cup.

Reactions: Darcy Tucker

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
Q:

Which is worse:

1. Cup winning EDM fan
2. Butthurt EDM fan crushed by a "so close" game 7 loss

?

You will be begging for choice number 1 soon enough.

The flood of tears is already affecting Ontario...

mjd1001

May 24, 2022
It’s all over but the crying. There is some kinda hex on Canadian teams, this is crazy.
From a pure stats standpoint (numbers only), I saw someone do the 'odds' of no Canadian team winning since 1993.
Canadian teams are about 21% of the league....so every year the chance of a Canadian team NOT winning is about 79%. Run the numbers..multiply that over the 3 decades of no Team from Canada winning and the odds from 1994 to now of not a single Canadian team winning the cup are something like 1 in 2100.
At least the odds of going that long without a team from Canada winning are close to that (don't remember the EXACT number but its close to 1 in 2100)

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Oilers stars just choke when it counts, zero points in game 6 and 7, you know when it really matters, McDavid shutout in 3 of the seven final games just pathetic, sure he padded his stats in games where it didn’t matter but when the pressure was on just went out with a whimper, again.

mclaren55

Apr 12, 2010
Oilers stars just choke when it counts, zero points in game 6 and 7, you know when it really matters, McDavid shutout in 3 of the seven final games just pathetic, sure he padded his stats in games where it didn’t matter but when the pressure was on just went out with a whimper, again.
He just won the Conn Smythe, and had 42 points this playoffs. You WISH we had a guy like him. Cope harder.

Hellcat

Jul 13, 2022
Why do Leaf fans have to be so salty about the Oilers? The Oil won more games than we played, kudo's to them... move on , we got no dog in this fight. Calling McDavid out for choking is dirt stupid, just old school stupid... Congrats on making it a series, congrats on being 2 goals away from a cup.... Bravo!

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
This is just such a weird take. "Choked again", yet made it to game 7 of the SCF. I wish our stars choked like McDavid.
Well neither have won Cups and I couldn’t care less about 2nd, 3rd 4th whatever. It’s all about winning it all.

myleafs

May 25, 2021
one of the more inane comments Ive seen on here, and thats saying something

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Why do Leaf fans have to be so salty about the Oilers? The Oil won more games than we played, kudo's to them... move on , we got no dog in this fight. Calling McDavid out for choking is dirt stupid, just old school stupid... Congrats on making it a series, congrats on being 2 goals away from a cup.... Bravo!

Remember 15-20 years ago when you learned that Canucks fans have a huge rivalry with the Leafs for some reason? There's a certain segment of Leaf fans who are now pathetic like that.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013

Aren't you a Marner fanboy????

The irony of this post is beyond comical.

Reactions: myleafs

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Want to know a fun fact about Connor McDavid?

In the 2012 OHL Cup (GTHL Minor Midget championship), McDavid and the Toronto Marlies lost 2-1 to Mississauga Rebels in the championship game....... McDavid was named Tournament MVP with 11g 8a in 7 games.

Only difference, Sam Bennett was his teammate not opponent.

Reactions: ToneDog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad