Oilers or Panthers?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Oilers or Panthers?

• Oilers

Votes: 78 45.1%
  • Panthers

Votes: 95 54.9%

• Total voters

LeafsFan89

Jan 2, 2011
Out of spite, I was hoping Florida would win because I want Edmonton to continue being the laughing stock of the NHL... All those top 5 picks in the last decade... Including McDavid, and no cups. If they win, then Toronto is the defacto laughing stock.

But I can't bring myself to cheer for Florida.

HamiltonNHL

Resigning Marner == Running it back
Jan 4, 2012
.ca

Out of spite, I was hoping Florida would win because I want Edmonton to continue being the laughing stock of the NHL... All those top 5 picks in the last decade... Including McDavid, and no cups. If they win, then Toronto is the defacto laughing stock.

Bad news bro.
The Leafs are the joke.

Edmonton is in the Stanley Cup finals.

DragoGrizzly

Oct 2, 2019
This is like choosing between slamming your bollocks in the door or getting punched in the throat. Can I choose neither?

I’d probably with clenched teeth say Florida as much as I dislike them. Dont want to hear the gloating and mockery from other Canadian team fans (more than usual).

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Oilers all the way……

This is like choosing between slamming your bollocks in the door or getting punched in the throat. Can I choose neither?

I’d probably with clenched teeth say Florida as much as I dislike them. Dont want to hear the gloating and mockery from other Canadian team fans (more than usual).
As painful as it would be the Leafs deserve all gloating and mockery they get

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
Skinner when his A game is there, is pretty good and when he's hot he is extremely good. And the Oilers don't need Vezina to win, just keep them close. No Cup for Fla this year unless Connor or Eckholm get hurt. Its going to be a great series.

Reactions: Jojalu

mydnyte

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 8, 2004
Panthers, because the Oilers have not faced as much heavy hitting pressure, and certainly not as dirty a team as Florida. Dallas was in pure pacifist mode afraid to take a penalty, as thats how the Oilers won the series.
When McDavid tries to pull his x-checks in the corner (which he does often) with no response vs the Panthers, he'll get flattened.
Every shift, someone is going to hack and slash him, so, either he'll win a medal for diving, or realize some teams dont care who he is.
This series will show what McDavid made of, and it can define him if he can overcome it, but, if he cant, it will be the future recipe to stopping him in the playoffs.

Tie Domi Esquire

Go Real Sports Apparel Go!
Oct 18, 2010
Not super invested. But I want the Oilers to win. McDavid, Hyman, Brown, and Draisaitl all deserve it. Skinner has been a cool story too. Also I like seeing fans that care get rewarded. I'm not going to hold it against other teams that they actually want to and try to win. I just wonder why my team doesn't,

Reactions: myleafs and Jojalu

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Lastman.jpg

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Panthers, because the Oilers have not faced as much heavy hitting pressure, and certainly not as dirty a team as Florida. Dallas was in pure pacifist mode afraid to take a penalty, as thats how the Oilers won the series.
When McDavid tries to pull his x-checks in the corner (which he does often) with no response vs the Panthers, he'll get flattened.
Every shift, someone is going to hack and slash him, so, either he'll win a medal for diving, or realize some teams dont care who he is.
This series will show what McDavid made of, and it can define him if he can overcome it, but, if he cant, it will be the future recipe to stopping him in the playoffs.

I was quite surprised to see Dallas play a "Good Boy" game after playing nasty hockey against VGK and Avs. If Florida plays a "good boy" game oilers will get their way; if panthers continue to play nasty hockey they win the cup.

Tkachuck, Bennet already know what oilers are all about after having played together in calgary so that would be interesting.... ;)

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Oilers have a lot of Canadians on the team. Would like to see Maurice get a ring, but I’ll lean Edmonton.

Reactions: Jojalu

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Hate both teams, but still rather florida

i like their guys more than edmontons, especially forsling dude is underrated af

AvroArrow

Mitch "The God" Marner
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
Panthers probably win. Huge edge in net + defence, the offensive gap (if there is one) isn't that big. Ekholm + Bouchard are great, but there's a massive drop off after that and again Edmontons lack of depth.

With McDavid, you can never count them out but I think the Panthers are clear favorites, and having already played in the Cup Final last year, they have that experience as well.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Posted this on the mains. Although I want both to lose LMAO; IMO Florida has the edge

Just in terms of lines comparison using playoffs....

Line 1:
Barkov > Hintz
Reinhart > Seguin (this season at least)
Verhaeghe < Robertson

Barkov < McDavid
Reinhart = Hyman
Verhaeghe > RNH

CONCLUSION:
Line 1 (Florida) > Line 1 (Dallas)
Line 1 (Florida) = Line 1 (Oilers)

Line 2:
Tkachuck > Marchment
Bennet = Duchene
Rodrigues > Pavelski (this season at least)

Tkachuck > Holloway
Bennet < Draisaitl
Rodrigues = E. Kane

CONCLUSION
Line 2 (Florida) > Line 2 (Dallas)
Line 2 (Florida) = Line 2 (Oilers)

Line 3
Luostarinen < Benn
Lundell = Johnston (for this season at least 5 on 5)
Tarasenko > Stankoven

Luostarinen > Foegele
Lundell > McLeod
Tarasenko > Perry

CONCLUSION
Line 3 (Florida) = Line 3 (Dallas)
Line 3 (Florida) > Line 3 (Oilers)

Line 4
Its a wash between all 3 IMO

DEFENSE
Pair 1

Forsling > Lindell
Ekblad < Hieskanen

Forsling = Bouchard (5 on 5)
Ekblad < Ekholm

CONCLUSION
Pair 1 (Florida) = Pair 1 (Dallas)
Pair 1 (Florida) < Pair 1 (Oilers)

Pair 2
Mikkola > Harley
Montour > Tanev

Mikkola > Ceci
Montour > Nurse

CONCLUSION
Pair 2 (Florida) > Pair 2 (Dallas)
Pair 2 (Florida) > Pair 2 (Oilers)

Pair 3
OEL = Suter
Kulikov = Petrovic

OEL > Broberg
Kulikov > Deharnais

CONCLUSION
Pair 3 (Florida) = Pair 3 (Dallas)
Pair 3 (Florida) > Pair 3 (Oilers)

GOALIES
Bob > Otteinger
Bob > Skinner

COACHES
Maurice > Knoblauch

BOTTOM LINE
Florida is more skilled and deeper than Dallas. Also, Flordia in terms of team construction is also all round better than Oilers. However, Oilers super stars (McJesus/Drai) are better than anyone on the Florida team. If Oilers pull through it will be because of their super stars. If Panthers keep McJesus and Drai quiet; Panthers take the win.

Question is can panthers keep McJesus and Drai quiet? Can Panthers breakthrough oilers' PK and contain their PP i.e. win or at least stalemate the special teams? Florida has the 2nd best PK after oilers in the playoffs thus far.

Overall edge is to the Panthers. if McDavid and Drai take over the series it is game over. Don't think Barkov and his Selke would be enough to stop both if they impose their will. If Florida can frustr

Last edited:
Reactions: Cleetus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad