Value of: Oilers need a Goalie

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sniped90

Jul 20, 2010
Sherwood Park
I think i heard a rumor ullmark is part of that debrusk-yamo trade but as was kassian but with him in protocol they are also waiting to pull the trigger until once rask is signed.

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
As mentioned above Ullmark is probably the best bet. Maybe MAF it he’d waive for Edmonton.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Ulmark is the best bet IF he agrees -- think that didn't happen yet for a reason.
But as I said before, nobody good is gonna be cheap.

Canucks LB

My Favourite, Gone too soon, RIP Luc, We miss you
Oct 12, 2008
Would Oilers be interested in Halak?
He has played really well this year, But has had zero scoring support.

Reactions: Canadian Canuck

Aug 3, 2010
How much cap can the Oilers even take on for a half-decent netminder? Or rather how much roster do they have to move out?

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
I'd imagine they could pry Quick from LA, has this year and next year as cap hit, Edmonton doesn't have to commit to him long term and probably would be fairly cheap to acquire him. Definitely an upgrade over Kosk and Smith, but I could be biased as I always have had a soft spot for Quick, love his style of play in net.

Don't think LA would mind trading him after signing Petersen to a 3 year bridge.

Reactions: Gilles Meloche

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Hard to see why Ullmark would want to go to Edmonton at this point when he's set in Boston very comfortably until 2025.
He seems pretty temperamental too. Don’t know if that’s a great fit. Not to bang the Georgiev drum too much but the sense in NY is that he considers himself a starter and bristles at being relegated to backing up. A guy with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove could work out well for Edmonton. As opposed to a more established guy who maybe doesn’t want to be there, like Ullmark.

Reactions: banks

SML2

Jan 1, 2018
He seems pretty temperamental too. Don’t know if that’s a great fit. Not to bang the Georgiev drum too much but the sense in NY is that he considers himself a starter and bristles at being relegated to backing up. A guy with a chip on his shoulder and something to prove could work out well for Edmonton. As opposed to a more established guy who maybe doesn’t want to be there, like Ullmark.
Came here to say basically this.

Reactions: egelband

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
giphy.gif

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Came here to say basically this.
As bad as Edmonton has been of late and how desperate their GM will be to not squander another McDavid season, NYR should demand a second rounder and solid prospect like Savoie for Geo, whom shutdown Edmonton last night with a save % of 0.971.

drury would be in position to really rip Holland’s face off in this trade. Drury would hold all the leverage.

Last edited:

banks

Only got 3 of 16.
Aug 29, 2019
MAF to Edmonton makes so much sense. It just depends on MAF himself being willing to go. And I have no reason to think he is willing.

They need to figure out something. Wasting a significant portion of McDavid's career is just not OK. It shouldn't have been this hard to build a winner around him.

kinghock

Feb 1, 2011
Mahwah,NJ
I'd imagine they could pry Quick from LA, has this year and next year as cap hit, Edmonton doesn't have to commit to him long term and probably would be fairly cheap to acquire him. Definitely an upgrade over Kosk and Smith, but I could be biased as I always have had a soft spot for Quick, love his style of play in net.

Don't think LA would mind trading him after signing Petersen to a 3 year bridge.

You are absolutely wrong regarding Kings goaltending situation.
Quick is starter for Kings and they are fighting for playoff.
Petersen is playing just a little better than average this year.
If Kings will be trading one goalie it will be Petersen.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
Bern, any source for Ullmark being unwilling to waive for Edmonton? I know he has a NMC.
Thanks for asking.
I am not aware he has specific veto vs EDM.
My statement was based on:
- Ul could have gone to Oil as ufa before this season but did not.
Multiple aspects to that, but appearance suggests neither side was willing to be put out to make a deal happen.
- Logic suggests Bs ok w/moving Ulmark, who only cost $, if Rask is returning. Howev, no external read that Ulmark wants to go anywhere, or at least anywhere in particular.

Depending on the price, Ulmark is likely best bet, tho for the cost, Geo likely the best value.

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
How did Georgiev look to ya last night ?
Need Koskinen at 50 plus a 2nd cause Edmonton is desperate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad