Oilers lose 7-1: Eakins' swan song?

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
MacT is desperately trying to recover his password from his Skype account. Frustration is mounting.

Thanks for the laugh.
I didnt bother watching the comedy on the ice tonight.

Its gonna take a couple years to clean this mess. Thats IF they fire everyone tomorrow. Extend that time line if they dont.
Its so insanely obvious.

This is an actual good team on paper but its just destroyed from bad coaching and terrible management being impotent to making the tough decisions that hurt.

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
increased tickets? slap to the face

The lady was insulted that someone wasn't grateful they had to pay ridiculous amounts of money for season tickets when there were hundreds of fans behind them willing to pay more. Yes, for the Edmonton Oilers of all teams.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Oilers have had a favourable schedule to start... 13 home games and only 8 on the road so far (and 4 of those road games were vs East teams).

Now the schedule starts getting much tougher... including tonight's game vs the Hawks they have 18 of the next 19 vs the West and 11 of those 18 are on the road vs the West. This will be a total annihilation stretch of hockey for the team.

Buffalo will be FAR ahead of the Oilers by New Years Day. Won't even be remotely close.

Last edited:

pisani34

Sep 17, 2007
Edmonton
I did hear about and jerseys thrown on the ice. I'll assume no fans were around at the end of the game.

there was a jersey thrown on the ice but it was after most players had already left the ice. as you can probably tell the arena was also about 3/4 empty as well. my buddy and I called it that there would definitely be a jersey toss though so we stuck around to make sure it happened. what I found hilarious however was the fact that they had an on-ice staff guy (from the snow sweeping crew), readied in the corner to collect any objects thrown. he scooped that jersey up so fast and went back to the corner to hide with it. sad sad state when the organization is prepared for the jersey throw now.

elpol

Re-Registered User
Nov 5, 2008
vancouver
Firing Eakins solves nothing so long as the line-combinations and directives to play favourites continue to come from above. Which NHL-experienced coach would subject themselves to that? Nothing changes until the all of upper management is cleared out. Every stinking one of them. Anything less than that and we'll be looking at 100 year rebuild.

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
Last few callers been annoying as hell . Its not the coaches fault or the management or the players loool . I have no answers great call Josh.:help:

I think most of us can agree that our lineup is eons better than 3 or 4 years ago. David Perron was on our second line and our 3rd and 4th lines aren't just farm players for once yet everybody wants to torch our roster. Change the culture from the top down, it may take time, but so will restructuring our entire roster so we can rebuild from our rebuild... The answer is simple and yet NONE of these callers get it. Sigh.

Leaf

Apr 25, 2012
Scorched earth policy.

Fire everyone in upper management. Replace Eakins. Find some hardass coach who demands compete level from his players, have him evaluate current roster and make the call on which players simply don't have the drive to win in this league. Trade them, go from there.

Too far?

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
Oilers have had a favourable schedule to start... 13 home games and only 8 on the road so far (and 4 of those road games were vs East teams).

Now the schedule starts getting much tougher... including tonight's game vs they Hawks they have 18 of the next 19 vs the West and 11 of those 18 are on the road vs the West. This will be a total annihilation stretch of hockey for the team.

Buffalo will be FAR ahead of the Oilers by New Years Day. Won't even be remotely close.

Which is why I'm curious if management will wait until after this storm to fire Eakins. A coaching swap before arguably the toughest stretch of the season does seem stupid.

Jesus

Oct 5, 2006
This team is rotten to the core. I mean there are bad teams, and then there are the Oilers. Just terrible all around. And how? How can a team with 3 first overall picks be so bad?

FFS the Oilers teams of the 90's had a fraction of the payroll of some of the teams they were up against but they were never this embarrassing. Seriously those 90's teams would destroy this impotent "team" that currently wears the Oilers uniform. Complete trash.

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
Scorched earth policy.

Fire everyone in upper management. Replace Eakins. Find some hardass coach who demands compete level from his players, have him evaluate current roster and make the call on which players simply don't have the drive to win in this league. Trade them, go from there.

Too far?

No that was just right.

Doc Scurlock

Nov 23, 2006
This team is rotten to the core. I mean there are bad teams, and then there are the Oilers. Just terrible all around. And how? How can a team with 3 first overall picks be so bad?

FFS the Oilers teams of the 90's had a fraction of the payroll of some of the teams they were up against but they were never this embarrassing. Seriously those 90's teams would destroy this impotent "team" that currently wears the Oilers uniform. Complete trash.

That Oilers late 90s team is the current Flames team.

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014

I think there was something to the 90's teams because we played in a small market, were a constant underdog and not expected to beat people so we had to squeeze as much as we could out of players. Now we just spew cash everywhere on anyone whose shown even a flash of mediocrity, let alone promise and then get angry when none of the brats are motivated to work hard.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Which is why I'm curious if management will wait until after this storm to fire Eakins. A coaching swap before arguably the toughest stretch of the season does seem stupid.

I actually disagree.
I think going on the road for the new head coach would be great. It will also relieve some of the nauseous gas and pressure that is exploding out of this team.

A coach, arriving in mid season, would always prefer to start on a road trip. Too many reasons to list.

I dont think you understand how much this team has given up. They look completely deflated. I dont think you gte it at all.
Trade requests are coming in this road trip. Halls included. Its all over his face. He is done.

Jesus

Oct 5, 2006
That Oilers late 90s team is the current Flames team.

Speaking of which it was great contrast when the CBC feed went to the Calgary game. One team getting blown out and calling it quits 4 minutes in and another battling to the very end.

Oh and it was delicious seeing Glencross score that goal with 5 seconds left. A player that was deemed not desirable enough for the Oilers to re-sign.

vincent1999

May 5, 2014
30th

haha or booya? those guys have become ghosts

27 Carolina 20 6 11 3 15pts 6 4-5-1 l2 48 62 -14 4-3-1 2-8-2 2-3-3 4-8-0
28 Columbus 20 6 12 2 14pts 6 2-6-2 l3 49 72 -23 3-6-1 3-6-1 3-9-2 3-3-0
29 Buffalo 21 6 13 2 14pts 4 4-5-1 w3 36 70 -34 3-6-2 3-7-0 4-6-2 2-7-0
30 Edmonton 21 6 13 2 14pts 6 2-7-1 l6 49 74 -25 4-8-1 2-5-1 6-3-1 0-10-1

As of right now, late Saturday Nov 22, 2014, the Edmonton Oilers are in 30th place and have the highest percentage chance (20%, I think) to pick 1st overall.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Hey guys, just wanted to say I'm legitimately sorry to see what's happening with your team. Despite our history and rivalry, I want to see your team thrive so our rivalry can be renewed. This is a really hard time for your organization, your fanbase deserves better, tough decisions need to be made and made now, I wish you guys all the best in the near future.

I think it's pretty clear changes up top need to be made, hopefully the right people are brought in.

Epoh

Nov 22, 2014
I actually disagree.
I think going on the road for the new head coach would be great. It will also relieve some of the nauseous gas and pressure that is exploding out of this team.

A coach, arriving in mid season, would always prefer to start on a road trip. Too many reasons to list.

I dont think you understand how much this team has given up. They look completely deflated. I dont think you gte it at all.
Trade requests are coming in this road trip. Halls included. Its all over his face. He is done.

Believe me I've seen the post game interviews, don't accuse me of not understanding how drained this team is it's obvious. I suppose Ramsay wouldn't likely dramatically alter the system in place anyway as an interim. Save your accusations for the CHED callers

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad