Oilers lose 7-1: Eakins' swan song?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
They could

Keenan
Crawford
Tortorella
Blysma

etc

Who knows why they hired this noob.

they hired him because he said the right things, and had a pretty good resume - the guys you mentioned all had question marks besides being 'noobs'

smackdaddy

x – Edmonton
Nov 24, 2006
B.C.
Correction, 5-0-1.

1558547_10153375607404418_564822354829545332_n.jpg

Yeah sorry I was fooled by Dubnyk before. Not gonna happen again.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Caller on CHED said Eakins let Oilers play shorthanded for about 40 seconds vs Vancouver.

This true?
No. Not true. It was only for 35 seconds.:sarcasm:

Oilers actually failed to clear the zone twice and it still took another 15 seconds for anybody to notice. The building was quiet at the time and there was no screaming on the Oilers bench alerting anybody. Everybody has checked out. Players and coaches alike.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
Boyd Gordon played around 15 minutes tonight and had an even plus/minus. That's really impressive.

Literally our best player, night in, night out. Besides Fayne.

We need our skill players to work as hard as Boyd Gordon in all 3 zones, with or without the puck.

I feel bad for the guy. If anyone knows Boyd they know hes not a very vocal guy. I dont talk much withOilers because the city and being in Canada has given most of them huge egos. Yes fans are a big part of that problem. But Boyd is one of the few guys i would love to chat with. Not really the talking type though.
Absolutely a gem though. Love Boyd.

I think alot of us on here are just hoping this team somehow becomes the Weight Oilers. Maybe we can build this team to be those Oilers that for one month (Lowes first month as GM) had the best line in the league, solid goaltending, a deep blue line and some hard working depth with full team pride and no arrogance.
Then...one month into a season with that dominant line Lowe trades Guerin. At years end trades Weight (who was offer sheeted and willing to take a discount, approached management, didnt sign the sheet, let oilers try to make a trade to gwt immediate return when they couldnt even match half the offer)

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Alright, imma go drown my sorrows with some drinky-poo. Talk to you all Tuesday when we're saying we should've Drafted Seguin over Hall.

Devilspuppet666

Dec 25, 2010
Calgary
As a flame fan who lived in Edmonton for 10+ years this sickens me... **** Katz, Lowe, etc

Fans this dedicated should not have to go through this.. Mad respect for you guys and i hope very soon that Ownership, and MGM change for the better

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wow, 5 points out of 13th in the West. Colorado had a comeback win tonight too.

$70.5M for this crap team with salary+potential bonuses. Insane.

oilinblood

Aug 8, 2009
LMAO! :shakehead

More indisputable evidence of tanking! :sarcasm:

If i were a GM, that right there is an automatic pink slip.
Anyone who understands coaching, the responsibilities etc...and the fact he has an assoc and ast so he can focus on the primary coach in ga,e respons....and yet this happens?
Yes pink slip immediately. Inexcusable

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
Caller on CHED right now talking about a focus group he took part in as a season ticket holder last summer. He said he was shocked when they were asked what kind of an increase they would be willing to swallow next season. They were eventually told it would likely be 3.5%. The guy balked and asked how they could even consider such a thing when the team has been as bad as it has for as long as it has. He said the lady was shocked to hear his resistance and said that costs go up every year and they have to be passed on. She made it clear to him that there were many people waiting to become season ticket holders and if he wasn't willing to pay they would.

He doesn't think this organization cares about anything other than making money.

Numz

Oct 7, 2013
ROFL!

The guy on CHED that said he has a great beer league team for the guys on the Oilers who don't wanna show up, but if they come play on his beer league team and don't show up they are gonna be riding the bench. :D

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
What an awful ****ing rink design that is. They can get booed off the ice, but booed all the way into the dressing room too? Who was the boob that thought this up in the first place? I'm mad as anyone that this team sucks, but my god, there is absolutely no place for these guys to keep a single shred of dignity.

The Oilers want to hire you!

Seedling

Tier 7 fan (ballcap)
Jul 16, 2009
Canada
MacT is desperately trying to recover his password from his Skype account. Frustration is mounting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad