Post-Game Talk: Oilers Lose 3-1

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

McDeathbyCheerios*

The good..
- Lander looks like a viking
- Hall has a career high in something...

The bad...
- Our stars are not useful when you play them without break and exhaust them
- Gagner.. I defended him but God damn he is so stupid with the puck
- The entire team really

Eakins is ****ing clueless with this team. Our pp is awful, he doesn't line match worth ****, he plays players wherever just for fun and he seems to be disinterested. On top of him wanting our team to be super fit but apparently we have an easy practice compared to other teams. How good.

Staghorn

Jul 7, 2013
I don't know what is more horrendous... Bag driving Hall til he was out of gas, or seeing Ryan Smyth on the ice with a minute left needing two goals.... Your team blows when Smyth is the solution.. BRUTAL EFFORT, I hope the floaters are thoroughly embarrassed.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I don't know what is more horrendous... Bag driving Hall til he was out of gas, or seeing Ryan Smyth on the ice with a minute left needing two goals.... Your team blows when Smyth is the solution.. BRUTAL EFFORT, I hope the floaters are thoroughly embarrassed.

Pretty obvious he desperately wants Smyth to get that PP goal. For god sakes, how about focus on scoring on the PP. Not which individual does it. :shakehead

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Team flat out sucked in a pro hockey game on home ice. Which this club figures is somehow fine to do because they've bothered to show in games lately.

They flat out took this game off.

**** em.

Should be called out in every paper, every media source that it is NOT OK to treat your home fans to this type of brutal performance.

I can handle losing, struggling, having a tough game.

Theres no way at this point I can excuse this effort from a team supposedly trying to find their way and learn how to be consistent and win games.

This performance was garbage throughout the lineup.

zero intensity.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
We got 36 shots.

Oilers were neither better nor worse than the past 20 games. Sabres just had better puck luck tonight. Especially the first two periods when Sabres were completely awful. I honestly thought Sabres were trying to lose during the first two periods.

That 2-1 goal goes in and Sabres start playing like it's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.

Hard to be mad. Panthers, Flames, Predators and Islanders were getting too close to 2nd and our 2nd line tonight had Lander and Pitlick playing on it.

Oiltankjob Fail

Feb 10, 2013

You will See Smyth out as extra attacker no matter if were down by 1 or 2 It is always a fail, Eakins likes to be consistent.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada
really, it's just a simple case of the odds catching to both teams. The Oilers, a bad team, were due to lose and the Buffalo, on a 7 game losing streak, were due to get lucky.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Team flat out sucked in a pro hockey game on home ice. Which this club figures is somehow fine to do because they've bothered to show in games lately.

**** em.

Should be called out in every paper, every media source that it is NOT OK to treat your home fans to this type of brutal performance.

Theres no way at this point I can excuse this effort from a team supposedly trying to find their way and learn how to be consistent and win games.

zero intensity.

But hey, Eakins did assure the right things during his press conference. :laugh:

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
Pitlick sucked tonight, and looks frankly doomed to an AHL career. Send him back down. Please don't sign Fraser. The sink to the bottom isn't dead yet for this team :help:.

:huh: Those ten minutes sure left an impression. You are either very good or very bad with your powers of talent assessment. I know where I'm leaning. :facepalm:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I like Drew Stafford's game. If the Oilers can get him in a package with Tyler Myers, I'd be happy with that.

CorpseFX

Feb 9, 2007
Milwaukee
so bad. the Stafford third goal was puke worthy. wimp D. reaching forwards. no guts.

get me out of here.

on the other hand, Hemsky looked washed up on that goal of the year candidate tonight

/it's the franchise that is broken

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
We got 36 shots.

Oilers were neither better nor worse than the past 20 games. Sabres just had better puck luck tonight. Especially the first two periods when Sabres were completely awful. I honestly thought Sabres were trying to lose during the first two periods.

That 2-1 goal goes in and Sabres start playing like it's Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.

Hard to be mad. Panthers, Flames, Predators and Islanders were getting too close to 2nd and our 2nd line tonight had Lander and Pitlick playing on it.

36shots. OK, I'm amazed at that. I didn't think we had half a dozen serious scoring chances in the whole game.

We got outplayed and outworked badly by an AHL lineup.

Just brutal.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
The Oilers just aren't that good.

They have some smoke and mirrors games and the occasional mirage games where they look like they are possibly improving and looking to take a step forward and then they get games like this to set them back in their rightful place.

They've been in 29th forever... and that's where they rightfully belong right now.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The Oilers just aren't that good.

They have some smoke and mirrors games and the occasional mirage games where they look like they are possibly improving and looking to take a step forward and then they get games like this to set them back in their rightful place.

They've been in 29th forever... and that's where they rightfully belong right now.

I only see our success due to goaltending. Anybody that is praising Eakins for saying the "oilers are buying into Eakins system" makes me laugh. Again, that example against the sabres shows the oilers aren't buying into anything and that Eakins is still a terrible coach.

Up the Irons

Mar 9, 2008
Canada

**** em.

zero intensity.

it will be interesting to hear Bob 'excuses' Stauffer, followed by Jason 'rip this club' Gregor.

Stauffer sounds a bit lethargic lately. you can tell the orders from on high to be apologetic are getting to him. Inside, you know he wants to tear a strip of the club, but it would be such a career limiting move.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
I like Drew Stafford's game. If the Oilers can get him in a package with Tyler Myers, I'd be happy with that.

You can't be serious.

These Oiler stints are the only games he circles on the Calendar.

Drew Stafford, legendary Oiler killer. "look at me, you didn't pick me, look at me"

This is like some jilted lover on the doorstep pounding on the door still 10yrs later

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
You can't be serious.

These Oiler stints are the only games he circles on the Calendar.

Drew Stafford, legendary Oiler killer. Somebody should do the splits. Probably half his career goals against us..:sarcasm:

Jim Matheson must be going crazy over Stafford right now.

plikestechno

Mar 14, 2008
Lol at everybody going nuts about the Hemsky goal. They still lost the game. Hemsky makes that team worse, not better. Now hell go back to sleep for a couple of games.

Hilarious to see people being so mad at the Oilers tonight. We took them lightly, we lost, even though we had 36 shots and a bunch of chances. All the Sabres got were good bounces tonight.

Last edited:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Oilers have one "easy" game left vs the Flames... then it's down to 10 games of death to close out the year.

I honestly doubt they'll move out of that 29th spot.

McDeathbyCheerios*

5 bucks says it'll be at least another 5 years till we make the playoffs and it will be without Eberle, Nuge or Hall

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad